CVS Health - CSR and nothing more | Glassdoor

"CSR and nothing more"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caremark cares about giving back and I had many opportunities to volunteer for charity events which made me feel amazing. The Training received for the actual job was extensive. The benefits were excellent and the schedules were consistent and in your control if your attendance was good. There was definitely a team atmosphere which seemed necessary since there were SO MANY employees!

Cons

You were a number outside of your team. Too many employees with a high turnover meant that the hiring spree was large to compensate for the ones who will quit or get fired. Numbers were expected out of you GREAT customer service. As with every call center, you'r calls were timed, and measures were put into place to ensure you covered every aspect of your job on every call. You're raises were dependent on meeting these marks as well as promotions. With a couple hundred employees and only 20 - 30 supervisors, your chances of promoting were slim since almost EVERYONE wanted to promote. In addition, the job was Very MUNDANE! Day in, day out, the same thing. Lunch at a specific time, limited bathroom breaks due to high phone demands. While some employees absolutely loved their job, I found myself crying in the parking lot before work. I couldn't wait to leave.

Advice to Management

Allow some cross training to keep the employees engaged in the business and to spare them the boredom that will likely increase the chances of more turnover. I liked the presence of upper management walking the floor, it shows that they do care. In addition, the random walk through by executives with fresh fruit snacks was nice as well.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Great"

Current Intern - Intern in Syracuse, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at CVS Health as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salaries and great people working there

Cons

None, the workplace is perfect for people

Advice to Management

Continue the work

"Low risk low reward"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is good job safety in IT sector. Working hours are flexible. Nice bonus payments when the company is doing good.

Cons

Career growth opportunities are less. Most colleagues I have seen are safe players and don't take up challenging tasks. Not a technology savvy company. Will be atleast 2 software versions behind market.