CVS Health - JOb security | Glassdoor

"JOb security"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Woonsocket, RI
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job security is great and knowledgeable work force

Cons

Low pay and location. The location is located in remote place of Rhode island.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Worst management experience I've had."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is really good.
    The benefits are decent, although I expected the medical benefits would be much better considering it is in the health and wellness benefit.

Cons

Way too much work with too little hours. This is common in any retail environment, but is magnified at CVS because you usually are relegated to a cashier and yourself in any given shift. Add needing to help the pharmacy frequently and you are spending tons of hours at the store to get the basics done. No extra hours during the holidays, even Christmas week!
       Despite assurances the management program was top of the field, it was virtually non-existent. Because of high management turnover, managers are rushed into service before they are well trained in all aspects of the business, including pharmacy and photo lab. Sitting in front of a monitor for hours on end is not great training.
      Management seems to encourage leading by bullying. The DM is a bully, it sounds like his boss is a bully and from what I've seen, most of the Store Managers manage the same way. There is very little positive motivation in the area.

Advice to Management

The stores make plenty of money, using an extra 20 hours of week is only going to cost $180-$200 a week and in return, you will have better looking stores, happier, less stressed employees and better served customers. Isn't that what it's all about? Bullying, insults and condescension are not ingredients for a successful team.

"CSR and nothing more"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caremark cares about giving back and I had many opportunities to volunteer for charity events which made me feel amazing. The Training received for the actual job was extensive. The benefits were excellent and the schedules were consistent and in your control if your attendance was good. There was definitely a team atmosphere which seemed necessary since there were SO MANY employees!

Cons

You were a number outside of your team. Too many employees with a high turnover meant that the hiring spree was large to compensate for the ones who will quit or get fired. Numbers were expected out of you GREAT customer service. As with every call center, you'r calls were timed, and measures were put into place to ensure you covered every aspect of your job on every call. You're raises were dependent on meeting these marks as well as promotions. With a couple hundred employees and only 20 - 30 supervisors, your chances of promoting were slim since almost EVERYONE wanted to promote. In addition, the job was Very MUNDANE! Day in, day out, the same thing. Lunch at a specific time, limited bathroom breaks due to high phone demands. While some employees absolutely loved their job, I found myself crying in the parking lot before work. I couldn't wait to leave.

Advice to Management

Allow some cross training to keep the employees engaged in the business and to spare them the boredom that will likely increase the chances of more turnover. I liked the presence of upper management walking the floor, it shows that they do care. In addition, the random walk through by executives with fresh fruit snacks was nice as well.