CVS Health - stressful but managable | Glassdoor

"stressful but managable"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pharmacists are extremely helpful, yearly raise

Cons

the starting pay is really low, even if you have a degree

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Not a terrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Cashier in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Cashier in Hartford, CT

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, Management, ethical company, good products

Cons

Low pay, not much room for advancement

2. "Work, work, work.....Get your job done w/out OT.....Impossible!!"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful customers! We have only few techs, (store 5 miles away, less productivity has 7) just hired a part-time but our customers love seeing us whenever they come in. Love the same faces and how we remember their names, prescriptions and whatever is happening in their lives. Most said comment: Do you have a cot & shower in the back? You are always here!! Our customers know and appreciate our desire to please them.

Cons

1) Not enough Tech hours in a given week to accomplish daily, weekly & monthly tasks
    2) Weekend calls for 2 techs average 100+ customers. DM expects 3 attempts in 2 days. What's embarrassing is getting the OK to refill a script, only to have it reject because it's 4 days too early. And.....Here's ANOTHER phone call looking smart-as-whip telling them it can't be filled. Wonderful....wonderful use of time....said no CVS employee ever!!
    3) DM's 'vision' of workflow and times 'given' per new prescription from pre-entry to waiting bin is equal to running a 5k marathon in 2 minutes.....including getting a flu shot before the finish line
    4) Desperately need to bring back Pharmacy Cashiers. Stuck at drive-thru (2 lanes) or pick-up for 45 minutes being the only tech, can't answer the phone, call insurance on rejects, print/pull/count or take a bathroom break.
    5) Store Management and shift supervisors feel the need to come for a chat session of a new hair cut she's thinking about getting. Or, details of his hectic work/school schedule.....While we have 8 pgs in que and 3 employees staying 3+ hours to try to catch up.
    6) Techs are to leave at the end of their shift regardless of chaos, being behind, truck not put up for 4 days.....Leave! Only to come in the next morning to such a mess, it'd be better to say: Hey, let's just open bags, grab a bottle, grab a label, bypass verification...just get it in a bin.
    7) Unbearable temperature in pharmacy! Techs are continuously moving, with 3 printers, 7 computers, 2 fridges throwing off heat repeatedly. Sweatshop 100%
    8) Pay? Laugh out loud! Target: Under 10 CII's per day....all certified techs....zero robberies and higher hourly wages
    9) Safety? A CVS Pharmacy in my state is robbed 1-2 times per week. See #10....
    10) Never refuse a sale! Who cares if they're wanting Sudafed and needles in the same transaction!! Pretend you don't see those track marks....Super idea for the community!! Ask for their 'grandmothers insulin script' and they never return. Oops, lost a sale of $3.27 for needles and $11.00 for Sudafed!
    11) Full-time is 30 guaranteed hours. (FT, yes...scheduled for 38....get 43 due to lack of tech hours) Part-time is 28 hours. Let's bring in more part-time 'people' that just want a paycheck and don't know a thing about generic vs brand. They have ZERO desire to learn drugs, procedures, and don't mention getting Nat'l Certified. AND, let's drop our loyal, inquisitive, Certified Techs that actually CARE about our customers hours to 30.....After they've proven work ethics for both the 'good' name of CVS and the customer.
    12) Production is top priority!!! No, wait.... Drop-off is top priority!!! No, wait....Customer calls are priority!!! No, wait.....14 day returns are priority!! Changes with every visit...
    13) No Script Pro? Ok.....Want a Kirby or Boat for counting 100's of pills/capsules? Bahahaha....

Seeing our local under-cover agent on a weekly basis proves high-forgery and theft on our district. Need more cameras everywhere! Never seem to get a good face-shot at entry, roaming thru the store, at drop-off or the parking lot.

Obviously, I am currently going back to school while looking for other employment. Yes, nit-picky but becoming more the norm for CVS

Advice to Management

Store Manager will come help if called upon. However, it's made clear that he is taking time from his jam-packed day, he knows best on who needs to be where, doing what, and......(wait for it).....HE'S going to print/pull/count because if he's helping, he's doing what he wants! Ummmm, No....we're better off without your 'Where is Testosterone? Oh, I have to double-count ALL those 10/325's? Where is the Byetta?' Why won't this scan?'
    Mean well? Maybe.....but not for the right reasons. Makes him look good that he helped for an hour when DM shows up. Customers complain about the SM being too directive while not knowing a thing about his purpose if seeing the Pharmacist.
    I lost a year of insurance due to management over-sight. Thru a transfer, my FT status was entered, but I wasn't given insurance enrollment even though I'd been w CVS for almost 2 years. This meant 100% out-of-pocket medical bills, change of daily meds (can't afford) for 1year. Also, Incurred $125.00 bill due to incorrect info given from DM & SM. Asked for support to dispute bill and was brushed off.....No 'sorry', no explanation....Bottom line, managers will not support employees in any given situation if it entails them admitting they made a mistake.