CVS Health - Poorly managed from top down | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Poorly managed from top down"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% discount. Other than that, not many pros to working for this company

Cons

Normally, you have TWO people running a store, which just isn't enough, especially on Saturday and Sunday nights. They have skeleton crews, so if someone is sick and calls out and you are already working that day, unless you find someone to come in from another store who is off, you have to stay and work the other person's shift. I had to work many 16 hour days. If you are a shift supervisor, like myself, you are expected to basically be "on-call" in the event someone doesn't show up. If you are sick and have to call out, you have to make up for it later in the week. Just this past week I had a terrible fever and in order to make up for calling out, I had to close Thursday getting off at 10 pm, and then had to be back Friday morning to unload the truck at 5 am. Also, the DM's like to threaten your job in order to motivate you to meet their metric standards, which I find to be a poor motivator. DM's also like to hold meetings via conference call that you must attend, even on your days off. Overall, this is a very poor work environment. Management has unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

The company needs to allow for more hours at each store and hire more people. There should never be less than three colleagues working at a time to ensure optimal customer satisfaction as well as ensure all tasks are completed daily. Also, Regional and District managers need to act more professionally and not throw a tantrum on the sales floor if something is not done correctly. Also, communication needs to improve so that colleagues are aware of changes made by DM's and RM's so that those changes can be implemented correctly and in a timely manner, before the RM comes to the store and throws a tantrum.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "health and wellness research editor"

Former Contractor - Research Editor in Oakland, CA
    Former Contractor - Research Editor in Oakland, CA

I worked at CVS Health as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

great woman friendly environment, flexible hours, work from home with occasional need to attend the office for meetings or other work issues.

Cons

supervision can sometimes be difficult when not face to face. No warning when our department was closed.

2. "Don't do it..."

Former Employee - Training Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Training Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was good. benefits were good.

Cons

There is zero labor budgeted for stores. It is a manager and a clerk all day long. You have to give up many of your days off to keep your store standards.

Advice to Management

Increased staff will help improve sales.