Employee Review

KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.seasonal-former

working company

Apr 8, 2021 - Tax Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like the job but I found tax specialist more interested

Cons

I look for a higher pay job

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A company that cares about its workers.

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice air conditioned store, pleasant customers, never any difficult tasks

Cons

I didnt find any cons working at this job.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

15 year manager

Dec 13, 2014 - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Continue reading
    954 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CVS Health.