CVS Health - Pharmacy Store Clerk | Glassdoor

"Pharmacy Store Clerk"

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor Manager in Orange, CA
Former Employee - Beauty Advisor Manager in Orange, CA

Pros

The upper management peer counseling, company teachings on customer service are excellent real world work experiences to learn & use.

Cons

Just having to learn the many departments, because of a slender store crew. But this good for the experiences/learn.

Advice to Management

We have to remember the store crews, as customer service is number one priorty. Customer base is very important.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Shift Supervisor at CVS/pharmacy"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lansdale, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lansdale, PA

Pros

CVS is a friendly place to work, everyone treats everyone else fairly and if you need off a certain day it's easy to talk to a manager and get off.

Cons

Not enough recognition and praise. After a year of working for cvs I got a 50 cent raise and a promotion. Promotions take forever to make it through the system.

Advice to Management

Better feedback for the work the associates do to run the store. The employees feed off of praise because it is few and far

2. "Good Atmosphere, Bad Pay"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Raleigh, NC

Pros

The atmosphere in the store is that of a family. I really appreciate how flexible the scheduling is. It was easy to get time off when I needed it. Everything in the store is on a schedule, from getting in merchandise to when it is time to reset a planogram, so the work is very predictable, and the more interesting tasks are for managers or shifts to do, which is a plus. Cashiering was only necessary for register backup or when someone was at lunch.

Cons

The raises suck - don't expect to get much at all since they are not truly based on merit like some companies. There are not enough hours in the store to complete all of the tasks that are necessary for day to day operations, let alone the extra projects like planograms. The most time consuming projects had to be completed by the store manager just to make sure our store did not fall behind. The company will always stand up for the customers instead of the employees, making it difficult to do anything about people who shop and abuse the system. Instead, when a customer service issue arose, I was trained to throw money at the customer just to stop a complaint even when the customer was wrong.

Advice to Management

CVS makes a profit every single year. Every year we build a lot of new stores. Instead of focusing on how much of a profit we make, it is necessary instead to push some of that money back into the system, allowing CVS to offer more money to cashiers, shifts, and managers, who do more work than they get paid for on a daily basis. The stress of being too many things in one job leads to high turnover, so no one in a store is ever 100% trained in anything.