CVS Health - Massive workload with fair compensation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Massive workload with fair compensation"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Woonsocket, RI
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Personally challenging, impact to healthcare and day-to-day experiences of patients/customers lives.

Cons

Bureaucratic, slow decision-making, culture mired in old ways despite advertising to the contrary. front-line workers and managers have dwindling resources

Advice to Management

Invest back into the frontline, customer-facing folks. Evaluate long-time executives, directors and managers who don't walk the talk. Prioritize the customer first, employee second and Wall Street last - you've got it backwards today.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Great company to work for, but not long term."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job.
    Keep busy for the most part

Cons

Horrible Pay
    Disrespectful employers
    Hours constantly cut due to dumb cvs rule changes based on every store.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees a little bit more, especially the ones that have sticked around for years on end. Also don't be so hard on quarterly raises. The customer service team are the people on the front lines constantly getting beef from customers and the pay is bad. I barely make it paycheck to paycheck.

"Modern age slavery"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can not speak in general but for my store:
    - Great team and colleagues, always helpful, assisting, nice and there for you. They have no choice though as they are always understaffed so if they scare you away, they are basically creating more work for themselves.
    - It is soooooo busy that time flies faster than a rocket.
    - They are pretty flexible on the schedule as they are in constant need of people all the time.
    - Every minute you work after the eighth hour of the day is paid overtime, so usually the break that I did not get was paid a wage and a half.
    - Practically no responsibility - a customer wants to know what time it is - he has to ask the pharmacist, he wants to know which day it is - ask the pharmacist!
    - They try to train you theoretically - which is fine but the on site training is actually you start working with customers from the very beginning with limited supervision and help.

Cons

Oh, Gosh where should I start:
    1. Basic wage is laughable. $ 8.50 for a pharmacy technician trainee - on top of that in all former Eckerd stores you have to pay union fees which makes the wage right around the minimum one - not much different then slaving. I've been dishwasher with bigger wage, no joke.
    2. One must question the above mentioned unions as for the time I spent there i did not even get a break...it was so damned busy that I usually stood for 8 and a half hours and the only brake I got was 2 minutes to drink water. Why do I need union then if they can not guarantee such a simple think as that. Besides that there are constant threats do not do this or that because you will get fired....hallo unions where are you?
    3. You are usually so understaffed that angry and frustrated customers appear almost on every minute - they have been promised a 4 hour wait, they come in 6 hours and nothing is ready for them. The problem is that they are completely right and you have not only to apologize but feel embarrassed as well. In order to get customers there is an automotive system that sends text messages to patients that their medicine is ready when in reality it is not - there is no link between the pharmacy and that system.
    4. No benefits for part time and that is exactly what they are usually looking for.
    5. I applied there intending to get a degree so I can get a better job elsewhere. Turns out CVS will only certify you for the state you work in, not nationally. And that certificate is just a piece of paper for hospitals and providers - basically the best you can do with it is jump to Kroger, G Eagle, Target etc.
    6. Even if u get the degree it is hard as big companies want to save money, so they'd rather hire new guys and pay less. Take it with a grain of salt as i only heard it from my colleagues, so i can not claim it is true but once u get state certified you get 1 dollar raise 9.50, if you are certified notationally you get 13 dollars per hour. I would repeat myself - this is not confirmed.
    7. You do not need any major company to get certified nationally - even the contrary they would not help u at all.
    8. Your position has almost nothing to do with pharmacy but rather with Burger King and McDonalds.
    9. You have to wear a tie - not a big deal and yet i personally did not like it.
    10. All of a sudden u realize that being constantly amongst sick people actually gets u sick more often.
    I am sure I am missing a lot of things but u get the picture.
    As a conclusion I would say that no matter all those negative things I would have considered staying there if there was any clear perspective or better pay but being slave in order to feed the union and live under the poverty minimum is not my cup of tea.

Advice to Management

I do not believe they would listen anyway as all they care are bonuses. I'd rather wish them to live with 8.50 per hour.