CVS Health - Overworked & Understaffed | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Overworked & Understaffed"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in The Woodlands, TX
Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in The Woodlands, TX

Pros

Stability in pharmacy market. Benefits.

Cons

Understaffing, overworked, constant management personnel changes, metrics requirements often unattainable & time consuming, too much emphasis on speed instead of quality of pharmacist.

Advice to Management

Let the pharmacist be a pharmacist not a telemarketer or fast food worker. Keep management personnel consistent - I had 5 different supervisors in 5 years... no continuity. Staff your pharmacies appropriately. If you stress customer service then back it up with the staffing necessary to deliver this very important aspect of a pharmacist's job. The metrics have really gotten out of control.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "It's a job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oakland, CA

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, there's always something different to do so time flies. 30% off CVS products definitely comes in handy, while 20% other products in the store is nice to have.

Cons

Schedule is posted only a few days before the next workweek. Hours fluctuate- can be working a morning shift one day and until 12am the next, so life outside of work is non-existent. Pay is pretty low.

"Changed a lot in the last decade"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A

Pros

None any more. Prior to three years ago I would have recommended CVS to anyone who wanted employment with a great company, now I find it very sad how different this company has become.

Cons

Not able to take sick or vacation time when needed.
    No pay increases.
    Low pay.
    Awful hours (working until 11:00 PM or after and then being scheduled to be in at 7:00 AM).
    Hours being cut at the store level to the point where some days it is only 1 employee working an entire shift.
    High performing women looked over for advancement and lower performing men advancing.

Advice to Management

Do not just assume because a DM has great numbers they are mananging well. We are in a position where the DM has cut payroll hours to the point where a 24 hour store has only three or four employees working in any given 24 hour period, so while the DM is getting cudos for cutting the payroll budget, employees are forced to run register, run photo, do price changes, clean, put up truck, scan outs, do promo orders etc...and work alone. Can I ask where customer service has gone? How are we supposed to call for back up on the register when we are working alone?

Discover more reviews about CVS Health.