CVS Health - Fair however no improvement opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Fair however no improvement opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Northbrook, IL

Pros

1. Bonus is good
2. Company is stable
3. Great people to work with.

Cons

1. Too much outsourcing
2. No focus on quality

Advice to Management

1. Take care of employees first

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Need to be a multi-tasker & have a grasp on time management"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

I see a lot of reviews about help, need hours, not enough time. That is corporate america, every company maximizes their resources. CVS is no different we are a resource. There is always something to do, more like there is always a list to complete. I like that, time flies by and you accomplish so much. Buy into CVS be a part of the company! Contribute 5% to the 401k for the 5% match. Contribute money to the Employee Stock Purchase Program- To get a 15% discount on stock purchases for a company like CVS that many, many Investors agree there is no better place to be for the long term. CVS's acquisition of caremark is going to pay off big! Buy into the company and work hard. Ever heard of "I'd complain but no one would listen." Stop whining.

Cons

I may have the benefit of having a great store manager that knows how to balance hours & tasks. I know other stores are not so fortunate. Maybe streamline tasks to be completed....WLM is decent. But maybe more of a emphasis on how to complete all those tasks within each stores budget. Allow the manager to manage....it seems the majority of SM's are in the "weeds" with their crew unable to manage.

Advice to Management

I think their focus on "outside the box" healthcare is great! We are doing things that are completely revolutionary to the industry. In time we'll see if CVS was brilliant or not! I believe it will be the former.

"Overwhelming and underpaid"

Former Employee - Retail Drug Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Drug Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Get to work with some very intelligent and interesting people.
    It's nice to be able to accommodate the customers needs.
    Small annual bonus.

Cons

Long hours.
    45 hour work week is more like 75+ hours.
    Plenty of competition from other retailers with lower prices.
    You do EVERYTHING: unload warehouse truck, stock merchandise, office work, running register, photo dept, cleaning, etc.
    Budget cuts hurt employee morale and require you to do the extra work.
    Pay is considerably less than their closest competitor.

Advice to Management

The store managers never actually get to "manage", they basically do it all. These budget cuts are hurting families (financially for the ones directly affected / time wise for the managers who have to work to pick up the slack). The customers can't get the service they expect due to budget cuts.