Cabela's - Grateful to have this job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

"Grateful to have this job"

Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA
Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA

I have been working at Cabela's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am forever grateful to have this job and they were willing to take a chance with me. I had zero retail experience, but they saw that I was willing to be here.

Cons

The downside is the pay, part time medical insurance, and cut in hours after the holidays.

Advice to Management

Really do take a good look at who you are hiring. Yes, the low wages is a factor. You have some employees that take advantage of you; while many of us have good work ethics and are willing to give their all even with the low wage base. We are not the brown nosers, but the ones who remain silent and try are best to do the best job possible.

Other Employee Reviews for Cabela's

1. "Excellent, unless one person has too much control over a store"

Former Employee - Front End Lead in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Front End Lead in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cabela's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well and promote their best workers. It's a very family friendly atmosphere.

Cons

This may have changed, but the store manager at the Fort Worth location was rarely seen. He would come down when we had long lines in the front and try to fix it, but short of him getting on a register, there was nothing to be done. If you needed to find him he was either in his office, in the firearms section or gone.

Advice to Management

Don't rely on your private label stuff to drive business and bring in new customers. Stop shoving the credit card down people's throat. Yes, the store makes money. No, it's not good in the long run for the economy or the company.

"Hard Work, Poor Pay"

Former Employee - Front End Lead in Richfield, WI
    Former Employee - Front End Lead in Richfield, WI

I worked at Cabela's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to make decisions. Ok discounts, discount off of original price, not sale price though.
    Fast pace environment during holidays.

Cons

Poor communication.
    Terrible Pay.
    Front end supervisor position pays way less than other supervisor positions but with way more responsibility.
    Poor cross training in departments.
    Lack of Point of Sale training for floor employees.

Advice to Management

Pay the right employees the right amount of money or you'll lose those people to competitors. Pay employees based off of responsibility. Floor supervisors should not make WAY more than customer service supervisors.