Cabela's - One of the best companies I have worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

"One of the best companies I have worked for"

Former Employee - Cashier in Allen, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Allen, TX

I worked at Cabela's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and willing to explain, people were friendly, pay was good, excellent compensation for job well done.

Cons

Some managers were a little overbearing, some of the perks stopped after a while

Advice to Management

Love the store, the people make the difference, I'm not really big with outdoors stuff, but they made me feel right at home. Just keep taking care of your employees, better health insurance, more incentives etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Cabela's

"A stepping stone for a better position, later"

Current Employee - Back End Retail Outfitter in Buda, TX
    Current Employee - Back End Retail Outfitter in Buda, TX

I have been working at Cabela's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my department, you get to work independently and with little direction. The manager pretty much trusts you to get your work done in the time allotted. Only time you get a task list is if there is a special project or sale coming.

Cons

There is a serious lack of respect and appreciation for the overnight team. Its a small team that is responsible for replenishing merchandise and are often blamed for misplaced items and improper inventory practices. The warehouse manger does not seem to be an advocate for his team. Too many rumors run around.

Advice to Management

Create more incentives for supply chain and overnight teams.

2. "Grateful to have this job"

Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA
    Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA

I have been working at Cabela's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am forever grateful to have this job and they were willing to take a chance with me. I had zero retail experience, but they saw that I was willing to be here.

Cons

The downside is the pay, part time medical insurance, and cut in hours after the holidays.

Advice to Management

Really do take a good look at who you are hiring. Yes, the low wages is a factor. You have some employees that take advantage of you; while many of us have good work ethics and are willing to give their all even with the low wage base. We are not the brown nosers, but the ones who remain silent and try are best to do the best job possible.