Cablevision Systems - I was not treated as a human being, but more like a robot. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems

"I was not treated as a human being, but more like a robot."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY

Pros

Friendly co-workers, benefit package once hired as perm, clean building (for call center), decent starting wage (temp-to-hire), paid training, promotions from within (after 6 months)

Cons

Call Center Micro-Management
Training glosses over many issues necessary to do job
No tolerance for sick-time for unavoidable absence due to hospitalization
Temp-to-hire policy leaves you walking on eggshells
Late night shifts only for new employees
Metrics are over-emphazied (to the detriment of quality of service)

Advice to Management

Some floor supervisors in TSG (technical support group) share that they are not filled-in on much by upper management. I was terminated from my job for 'attendance' reasons following two brief unavoidable hospitalizations because of a very painful infection in my leg. I kept the company posted every day and was told that I should just bring back my documentation from the hospital. For a company that stresses "empathy' over and over during training, my termination seems somewhat inconsistent, especially because I was putting my health first. From my direct supervisor and my (temp-to-hire) staffing agency, I was told that my termination had nothing to do with performance and that it is not surprising that my assignment ended prematurely because 'this is how call centers operate". Wake up Optimum your employees are not just numbers. This is a decent paying fairly high stress job if you can get past the first 500 hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Cablevision Systems

"The job itself is ok, dealing with my superiors is another story."

Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY

Pros

Medical Benefits, Free Cable TV, Phone and Internet. Discounts to area attractions and sports tickets. Free Coffee. Pleasant Co-Workers. Fair Dress Code.

Cons

The lack of choice of hours. Difficulty getting time off regardless of seniority. Poor training methods. Management and supervisors concerned about themselves vs the welfare of employees. The promise of an "Open Door" policy only to have that policy work against you.

Advice to Management

Pretty soon your business will become irrelevant. I suggest you make things flexible for your workers to allow them to make a difference for customers.

2. "could be better"

Current Employee - Cable Technician in West Nyack, NY
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in West Nyack, NY

Pros

free cable, benefits, 401k, , medical, dental

Cons

salary not as good as union competitors

Advice to Management

profit sharing, better pay scale and promotion scale