Cablevision Systems - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bethpage, NY
Current Employee - Human Resources in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really care about their staff and customers

Cons

None that I can think of yet

Advice to Management

Keep on the path you're on

Other Employee Reviews for Cablevision Systems

1. "Cablevision is a great place to work - interesting project, people and a great environment."

Current Employee - Manager in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A terrific work enviornment with interesting projects. Very fast paced with little to no down-time which is great! Very collaborative team of people which are open minded to new ideas. The customer is at the center of everything we do.

Cons

Very fast paced so at times you don't have the time necessary to explore alternative approaches. This requires ongoing compromise but such is the case almost everywhere. On some of the more critical projects it would be great to have a bit more time.

Advice to Management

I'm really impressed with my direct management team and the executive staff as well.

"great for some, nightmare for many"

Former Employee - Residential Account Executive in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Account Executive in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits from day 1 , good training, lots of independence on job, good commission structure. if you are good at this job 100k is easily attainable

Cons

dont work in newark office if you do not speak spanish or portugese, very high pressure constantly encouraged to work on days off, paid by install date rather than sale date. when I started in newark I was told we were to get 400 leads a month and if you sell 11 you make 100k. if you do not speak spanish you have to work either bayonne or south newark. you can only sell customers who are active with another provider (dish, direct tv, fios) therefore in newark you have very little opportunity. for example you get probably 300 leads on average, atleast 100 of the addresses are vacant, another 120 dont have any provider so you cant sell them, 50 of them have a competitor owe atleast 300$ to the company. so that leaves you with 30, so learn spanish or have a VERY HIGH close rate.
    Very high turnover for sales reps, out of 100 reps that are hired for being studs in real estate, insurance, cars, etc only about 10 end up making the big money. its pretty much feast or famine. but if you can do it i cant think of a better job