Cadmus Group - High quality energy consulting and a growing business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cadmus Group

"High quality energy consulting and a growing business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High standards and growth in the energy business, many of the methods and staff lead the energy efficiency industry
Many opportunities for motivated staff who want to learn
Flexible hours particular flexibility for late risers or those with early morning day care responsibilities. Some staff roll in at 10:00 and take care of their work later
Benefits vary by title but in general are good and include perks like bike tune up allowances and funding for gym memberships.
Waltham office has small gym and showers and a bike rack for bike commuters. Office backs up onto 300 aces of park land.

Cons

Uneven direction for employees, although this is changing as the company grows
Some long hours typical of consulting

Advice to Management

Develop more standard methods for work

Other Employee Reviews for Cadmus Group

"Challenging but interesting work, great people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives you a lot of responsibility for your own time management and workflow. As you prove your ability to handle responsibility, you're given more and have more ability to decide what work you will take on.
    Most of the staff is friendly, talented, hard-working, and team-oriented.
    The work can be very interesting. It can allow you to understand complex issues with building science and the utility industry.
    The compensation and benefits are excellent. Full health benefits, 401(k), and Employee Stock Option Program (the company is 100% employee-owned).
    A lot of the utility clients are great people, and the utility program participants are usually excited about energy efficiency and eager to show what they've done in that regard.

Cons

It's a consulting firm, so the work can also be very demanding. Our calculations and reporting often rely on data we need to receive from our clients or other team members, and we sometimes have little control over when we receive the data. The deliverable dates are often inflexible, so occasionally we're required us to work intensively to meet the deadlines.
    The basic expectation is to work 44 hours per work (basically, 10% over a normal work week). However, no one is penalized if they work a straight 40-hour week.
    Travel can be an issue depending on what area you work in. Some staff are required to travel more than they prefer, while other staff have a focus that requires them to spend most of their time in the office when they'd rather be out in the field. It depends on each individual's preference and skill set, but the issue can often be mitigated to an extent by working with your manager.

"Extremely poor management, but flexible hours."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time

Pros

Flexible hours (although you must put in at least 44 hours a week, which you are not told about during the interview process)

Opportunities to gain expertise and skills in project management.

Most teams at Cadmus are comprised of young and energetic people who really believe in the work that they are completing.

Cons

Worst management I've ever had, and I've worked at several large companies. Management at Cadmus has absolutely no idea how to manage people. They need people skills.

Extremely high turnover.

Inconsistent project management.

Favoritism is practiced on a daily basis.

Absolutely no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Management at Cadmus knows how to hire really motivated and amazing people, but they have absolutely no idea how to keep them around. Management needs to start treating people as individuals and not just filling a desk/office with a worker.