Caesars Entertainment - Lifeguard at Caesar's Palace | Glassdoor
  1. "Lifeguard at Caesar's Palace"

Former Employee - LIfe Guard in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job and a paycheck. It's a fairly easy job, sit on stand and don't let kids drown. Other duties include picking up trash and towels, and setting chairs. Free paid hour lunch with food.

Cons

There is no management on the pool deck. Lifeguards do what they please when they please. Often times they will leave the stand and pool unattended so they can go talk to other people. Guards will also hide in the office/bathroom/backroom/casino when it is their turn to clean, skipping out on the entire hour and leaving more work to the rest of the team. Bringing these issues up to management does nothing, the lifeguard leads do nothing and no one seems to care. Lead lifeguards who are suppose to be readily available are often hiding in the office, not on the pool deck with you, and rarely help with cleaning or watching the pool. At the end of the day, no one in this company cares about you. Understand this is the bottom of the totem pole, the part waaaay underground. The lifeguards form cliques just like high school, and if you're not in their "in crowd" expect to get bullied. No joke. It's petty and most of the leads are aware of it but no one does anything. Uniforms are suppose to be supplied, but you have to buy your own because they don't order them/have them. If you're lucky, you might get a shirt that is from a previous year, but if they get them out, grab them fast because everyone else will grab 5 of the shirts they need, and there are no more once they're gone. Management will most of the time side with the guests, no matter what. I've been harassed by guests and told it was my fault by managers, and they let the guest get away with their behavior. Expecting to do any life guarding is a joke. Management would rather you just sit on the stand and not say anything. You can't yell at guests, so if someone doesn't listen to your whistle the first time, you either have to just let it keep happening or get a manager to handle it. Not to mention, we do not practice drills for saving lives, we do not practice CPR (hope that one day class you took to get certified sticks with you!), and no one has ever told me what the emergency action plan is for any situation. There is a lifeguard shortage and many guards would call out over their 12 point total, often coming in late or not coming in for several days. They would never get fired because we needed them, but on the flip side, we needed them and they were always calling out. But hey, could be an advantage to some! To continue with this point, we were short staffed constantly through the pool season, never having enough guards to cover the pools adequately. Expect to do the work of three people, because they aren't hiring more. No room for advancement. I'm going to circle back to the fact that they don't care about you. They want you to come in and do your job, and they don't even care if you come back next year. They'll figure out staffing then, they don't want to treat you right and make sure you're happy so you'll continue working for them. If you do want to try to move up in the company, kiss the manager's butts. The lifeguard stands are nasty. They're dirty and ripped to shreds, one is even covered in chewed gum. Many guards will leave their trash, dirty towels, guest's lost items, on stand and it will sit there forever. Not only is it awful to sit in, it's horrible for the guests to look at! You'd think some place like Caesar's Palace would want their property to look nice. The back halls and office get messy. No one seems to mop/clean anything unless they're told to. Other pool employees will try and be lazy, and guess what! Lifeguards get to clean up what they leave behind. Cocktail waitresses are suppose to clean trash before they leave (makes sense as they get a lot more money than us) but often times they don't, or won't clean up anything they don't want to touch, and don't check under chairs. So at the end of the night, when it's just guards cleaning the pool deck, we get to clean it all! Lucky us! And watch out for the cabana hosts, they'll skip out on cleaning their day beds. No benefits. No health care, no dental. Should we finish with pay? The biggest con of all, you get paid slightly more than minimum wage, but it's not the highest on the strip. (Also Venetian/Palazzo pays more and you don't have to clean at the end of the night! They have their cleaning crew do that!) The pay is not worth it for all the work you do. You are the cleaning crew for the pool, and just think of how much the cleaning crew makes for inside the casino! Might as well go for that job, plus then you get union benefits.

Caesars Entertainment2018-10-09
  1. "Ballys Las Vegas cocktail server"

Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are amazing ! Union benefits and you can stay at any Caesar hotel for as low as $13 a night.

Cons

Everything is done by seniority. So the newer you Are, the less shifts you receive.

Caesars Entertainment2019-11-14
  2. "Good Company, Wrong Crew"

Current Employee - Assistant Hotel Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Longevity is rewarded. Also, if you have any revenue increasing ideas you'll be a golden child.

Cons

They seem to keep cutting staff and raising prices. Expecting Teammebers to do more with less.

Caesars Entertainment2020-02-11

Discover more reviews about Caesars Entertainment.