CafePress - Great environment and culture! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CafePress

"Great environment and culture!"

I have been working at CafePress full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work in the Raleigh office. We have a fantastic culture with managers that truly care about their employees. It is a growing company with a lot of change. There are opportunities for growth. I love that the managers stress that it is a drama free environment and work to keep it that way.

Cons

I don't always completely understand the org chart across different locations. Sometimes it is hard to know who to go to if there is an issue with something.

Advice to Management

Improve communication regarding organizational changes.

Other Employee Reviews for CafePress

1. "Not a good place for your career if your an software engineer"

Pros

Some great people to work with.

Cons

Not the place to work if your an engineer. It used to be an innovative internet e-commerce company, but that is no more.

Advice to Management

Board needs to change the C's.

2. "Too much political infighting for a small company..."

Pros

You get to work in the most creative vertical you can possibly think off. Being in the retail/customized gifts space is one of the most entertaining environments you can think off. Working with real time data enabled me to think even more outside the box that I could ever be when it came to providing solutions to real business problems. You get the chance to work with the latest platforms in the market for the job function you're in.

Cons

Too much of us versus them mentality between departments. The company fosters a "upstage your co-workers attitude" that you see a lot of individualism going on which leads to a survival of the fittest attitude and mistrust between managers and rank and file. The executive team at the top (especially Bob Marino) exudes a know-it-all demeanor which quietly displays a "if I can do this better than you, then maybe I should do it" mentality, making employees nervous about losing their jobs because of the implied expendable-ness in the work culture. Hard to move upwards to the senior manager to director level because of the company's size the tenure of most executive members of the company. Pay scale isn't up to standards.

Advice to Management

An overhaul of the executive team is the only way to bring in a corporate culture that is geared towards growth and revenue without sacrificing unity and the chain of command.