CafePress - Gone downhill | Glassdoor

"Gone downhill"

I have been working at CafePress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get the job. All they look for is your ability to be bubbly, nice and sweet.

Cons

The way they treat employees has gone downhill. No longer valued. Overworked and underpaid. Don't work here during the holidays, not worth it anymore. No one there is happy with their job. The entire work environment is no longer upbeat, it is very drab.

Advice to Management

The magic formula that successful businesses have discovered is to treat employees like family and customers like friends.

Other Employee Reviews for CafePress

"I'm sure they mean well..."

I worked at CafePress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, flexible about time off, personal conflicts, and family (most of the time). Overtime is expected (which can be good or bad), casual office dress, discount on products. CS is allowed freedom to respond to customers in slightly more individual manner, not from a strict script. Questions encouraged by supervisors.

Cons

Lack of communication overall, particularly between depts. No real upward mobility. Mgmt seems to want to project image of listening to employees, but follow ups are v. rare. Consistency between stated plans/goals and actual implementation is rare. Problems have to reach critical levels before they are addressed. The senior management seems to have a completely disconnected with lower levels (lower mgmnt/web dev/customer service/etc) and seems only interested in shiny new hijinks to improve revenue or talking at us about how great the company is.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward about what people should expect instead of insisting the culture is something it isn't (ie "cool" and egalitarian). Train, listen to, and think about promoting your good people instead of losing them completely.

"Not What It Appears"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CafePress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is decent and people are friendly.
    $0.25 vending machines.

Cons

I must be missing something from the other reviews, but there is no culture here. It's a cut and dry work your hours and go home. They do nothing to keep the employees engaged in the company yet always tell us it's a fun place to work but I don't see it. No communication across the company divisions, it's always a who is better than who in terms of the separate business entities. The company is very political and the IPO really hurt CafePress in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Try to grow the company intelligently instead of running 65% sales all the time devaluing the products we sell.