Cake Group NY - Fast, furious and fun! | Glassdoor

"Fast, furious and fun!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Cake Group NY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed my time at Cake. The business has a distinctly British feel and approach about it which is something I had not encountered before - but i Loved it for the creativity approach and pure enjoyment. To be a part of a small start up backed by a huge network felt special as it makes for a flat structure and approachable management. The opportunity to learn how to run a business was extremely valuable too.

Cons

Being part of a start up meant long hours and much plate-spinning. I found myself having to work across a wide range of accounts and skill-sets that I often felt out of my depth in. being part of Cake was great but the bigger holding company Havas was riddled with politics and over protective types from some different era where collaboration is a dirty word.

Advice to Management

Hire more smart people, be focussed on Social Media as you guys rock at this. Don't be too grumpy on a Monday - we all feel the same...

Other Employee Reviews for Cake Group NY

1. "A creative-led company well positioned for growth"

Former Employee - Senior Social Marketing Strategist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Social Marketing Strategist in New York, NY

I worked at Cake Group NY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Owned by Havas, the company has offices and support around the world leading to many projects that span multiple countries.
    - Willing to invest in employees through non-traditional benefits, Cake offers things like yoga at the office or tickets to expensive conferences.
    - There's an opportunity to build your own position by outlining your strengths and business/career growth opportunities.
    - Because the company is so small, the environment is very hands-on. While at most places you wouldn't have the chance to interact with senior leadership, the co-founder/managing director and managing partner are both very involved in all aspects & pieces of business.

Cons

- At times, it can be a high-stress environment. Like many advertising/PR agencies, there are sometimes quick turnarounds that require staying late and putting personal commitments aside.

"Cake is under poor management, if they continue to head in their current direction they will quickly crash and burn."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cake Group NY full-time

Pros

Great employees
    Creative Office Space
    Well known clientele

Cons

Unapproachable Management
    No direction
    No company goals/values
    Not honest with clients
    Very high turn over rate (about 90%/per year)

Advice to Management

Management sets all of their employees up for failure upon hiring. They need to set individual goals and descriptions for each employee. Management should work on becoming more approachable and giving more respect to their employees.