Cal-Maine Foods - It is a great place to start working when you are young with opportunity to move ahead in the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cal-Maine Foods

"It is a great place to start working when you are young with opportunity to move ahead in the company."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Mascotte, FL
Current Employee - Supervisor in Mascotte, FL

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, teamwork, ability to do many things, sustainable practices, and a great way to give back to the community.

Cons

Can be some long hours, but never usually a problem.

Advice to Management

N/a

Other Employee Reviews for Cal-Maine Foods

1. "Was a easy ,consistent place to work. With friendly employer's and alot of potential for overtime."

Former Employee - Night Time Cleaning Crew in Lake City, FL
    Former Employee - Night Time Cleaning Crew in Lake City, FL

I worked at Cal-Maine Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional environment to work in. With a lot of potential for overtime, if needed.

Cons

Could be a messy job at times. considering I work the Clean up crew.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! Also continue to treat your employees with dignity and respect.

2. "It’s all in who you know..."

Former Employee - Office
    Former Employee - Office

I worked at Cal-Maine Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There were some pros to the job, until current management took over about eight years ago. Now, as far as I know there are only three people left working in the office That were there when I was. One was there before me, one was hired in the recent past and the other about a year later. Three of the original office staff have been there for long time quit from undue pressure from the general manager.

Cons

Cal Maine is a SQF level III certified egg packing plant. The qualifications for becoming SQL level III certified state that you must adhere to a certain set of standards. The way it was when I was there is probably the same that it is now. The SQF guidelines changed depending on who was working, what time of the day it was, and who the employees were that were breaking those rules. If I said anything, I was causing problems. The whole operation where I was working needs to be revamped from the top down! As another person posted In their review, it became a good old boys club. God for bid you want to come in and do your job and not be their buddies, because if that is your attitude you’re on the way out the door like me. Never mind that I had eight years in the company.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring family members! Just because someone has a piece of paper that says they went to school and got a degree does not mean they know what the hell they are doing. When you start losing employees that have been at your company for 15, 17, 20+ years, you might have a problem that needs to be rectified.