Calamos Asset Management - Good corporate structure. Great training program. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Calamos Asset Management

"Good corporate structure. Great training program."

Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do a great job of hiring good people, whether they are experienced or not, and provide excellent training. Had some frustrations with the company during my time there, but the farther away I get, the more I see how well put together the organization is.

Cons

This went from a small operation to a large, 450-500 person company within a relatively short period of time so upper mamangement had a hard time not knowing what was going on in each department all of the time. Somewhat of a micromanagement situation.

Advice to Management

Unleash your talent a bit more. You hire good people and sometimes hold them back.

Other Employee Reviews for Calamos Asset Management

"If you have a good boss, it's awesome (until it isn't)"

Former Employee - Senior XYZ (III Word Title, Want to BE Anonymous) in Naperville, IL

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Don't believe the other posts (at least not completely). Calamos will aggressively adjust compensation for talented employees. If you are performing well, you'll be taken care of. I added fifty percent to my ample starting salary in about 3 years.

Perks, perks, perks. Lunch, fruits, drinks. Parking. Everyone else has mentioned this.

Cons

There are hard pay ceilings for certain departments. After three years, I basically stopped having compensation adjusted. My VP raved about my work and told me that it never stopped getting better. The problem is that I worked in a role that indirectly contributed to the bottom line, rather than in trading or research.

Advice to Management

Stop making your EVPs, SVPs, and VPs (like my old boss) live in fear. They keep quitting for a reason.

2. "Good place to work if you are not an aggressive employee"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Calamos Asset Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, hours are flexible, you have time to learn, not a lot of stress, free lunch, fruits, snacks, tea and coffee, pay is ok. They have summer hours program and jeans day every Friday in the summer. They have some discounts for employees and they are thinking of creating a day care.

Cons

Work from home is not available and the lunch could have some more healthier options.