Calamos Asset Management - Stay Away! | Glassdoor

"Stay Away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Pros

Flexibility with work/life balance. Free lunch each day. Covered parking. Good vacation policy and 401k match/profit sharing. Upscale work environment.

Cons

Very political. Not everyone is treated fairly. Performance reviews are often very late, sometimes up to a year late. Senior management seems afraid of John Calamos. They are not empowered to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing your senior management. You pay them a lot of money. Let them do their jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Calamos Asset Management

"Low pay for the work invested. Better opportunities elsewhere...head into the city."

Former Employee - Junior Analyst in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Junior Analyst in Naperville, IL

Pros

Free lunch (literally). Covered parking. Decent benefits. Good support to pursue the CFA (which is very much valued at Calamos).

Cons

Pay is horrid for the jr analyst position and doesn't get much better as you advance. Not much opportunity to prove yourself for the first few years outside of filing papers, making copies, data entry, etc. Wish I had those years back (huge opportunity cost in terms of knowledge not gained as a result of not doing research and very poor pay for the amount of time/work invested. You work a LOT...especially on meaningless tasks...and get paid very little). There are definitely better opportunities out there (which I've discovered). Turnover is high and sr turnover appears to have gotten worse since I've left. It doesn't look like anything has improved.

Advice to Management

Improve communication (and review times). My reviews became so late that I forgot my anniversary date.

2. "Great company"

I have been working at Calamos Asset Management full-time

Pros

Great location, free lunch, very clean and organized building. Employees are friendly and helpful. Couldn't have asked for a better transition out of college into the working world.

Cons

As an IT professional at the company, I cannot think of any major downsides to working at Calamos. Typical IT related annoyances occur but that goes for any business.