Calamos Investments - Stay away! | Glassdoor

"Stay away!"

I have been working at Calamos Investments full-time

Pros

There are some I am sure but none worth enduring the stuff that goes on within this firm.

Cons

Bad people fester and thrive while good people that care and work hard are chewed up and spit out. There is not one good person here that isn't looking to get out. The rest understand that they can't go anywhere else and this is as good as it gets for them. Calamos is a career killer for anyone in the industry. You will never be taken serious in your role after a stint here.

Advice to Management

There isn't management. There is one person that runs everything and his minions that run around enforcing his rules.

Calamos Investments2016-02-12

Other Employee Reviews

"Great Summer Internship Program & Experience"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Calamos Investments

Pros

Excellent learning environment for interns. I was in a great department that made me feel very welcome, I always felt comfortable asking questions to everyone in my department or HR. My top priority when I was looking for a summer internship was trying to find one that provided meaningful work and experience in my major. Calamos exceeded my expectations, and provided me with both. Finally, Calamos had a number of training...

Cons

I had a longer commute to work, my department was understanding but it seemed department dependent.

Calamos Investments2019-05-21

"Best Employer/Environment I have ever experienced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Calamos Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

The comradery and high level of professionalism at Calamos is unmatched. The company cares about employees' personal growth and sense of value. The size of the company is perfect for employees who want to get involved in a variety of projects or learn from people across many departments.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

Calamos Investments2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Calamos Investments.