Calendar Holdings - I would do it again | Glassdoor

"I would do it again"

Former Employee - Franchise Holder in Elyria, OH
Former Employee - Franchise Holder in Elyria, OH

I worked at Calendar Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned about the retail model really fast. There is also the ability to fail, went into the franchise without the idea that I would be spoon fed. That said, the franchise receives a POS, signage and all of the stock, everything to start, with the franchise.

Cons

There will be some hidden costs, that you will have to absorb. Electricity, Phone, Insurance, Permits, Inspections... employees not coming in to open the store. This is best run by a family and not strangers.

Advice to Management

I would suggest themed product lines to offer independent video game stores. Nintendo, Disney, figures and toys to go with the video games and help them fill out their store. You can even consign them, and they will gladly help in order to fill their store with appealing products.

Other Employee Reviews for Calendar Holdings

1. "For the Independent"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Calendar Holdings part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work independently, have a voice in the running of the store, nice upper management

Cons

Directions are not always clear, seasonal work only

Advice to Management

Store management is good. To upper management-make directions more clear. Employees are building the business from scratch each season and should have very clear instructions and support.

2. "Go!"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Calendar Holdings part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The bosses and other co-workers seem very friendly and understanding. Sometimes I get to play with the demo toys. Helping people can be rewarding, especially when selling toys and games you know children will enjoy. They always seem to have sales, and they have a special collection to donate toys to a local charity for Christmas.

Cons

I'm usually operate the store by myself, which means I do not have regular breaks, I have to eat quickly or get interrupted by customers, and I have to make sure to stock the store. Sometimes customers get angry because I was in the back going to the bathroom or undoing stock when they wanted to pay.