California Hospital Association - Great benefits and salary, lousy place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for California Hospital Association

"Great benefits and salary, lousy place to work."

Former Employee - Worked In IT in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Worked In IT in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Salary is very high if you have an advanced degree, the work/life balance and the benefits are great.

Cons

Incompetent upper management in key areas, the only way to advance is to stay there a minimum of 10 years, long time employees that run the company are very set in their ways and not open to any new ideas whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Identify and listen to your star employees as they are the future of CHA.

Other Employee Reviews for California Hospital Association

"Learned a lot but was time to move on."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The group of people that I worked with was very helpful, team-oriented, thoughtful, and personable. I have heard many negative stories of other departments and people, so I was thankful for my department.

The company offers great benefits in regards to retirement planning and insurance. The CEO also encourages living a healthy lifestyle, so we had some perks (discounted gym membership, free Weight Watchers, monthly wellness stipend, health-related competitions, etc).

Cons

What I've experienced is that management might tell you that they really care and want you to grow. However, it's not always that way. I think it depends on who your boss is, but mine was 50/50.

It is a political organization.. I'm not proud to say that some people still have the high-school catty mentality, and I don't find it acceptable especially in a professional workplace. I value a workplace where colleagues uplift, not talk bad about, each other. A few managers/executives also exuded annoyance if they had to talk to someone that they considered to be lower than them.

Human resources seems to not take complaints seriously. If someone complains about mistreatment by a manager, HR might not do anything effective. However, this is what I've heard from coworkers.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation and respect for your staff.

"Good times, but I don't miss you."

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Some great people used to work here - They all left and I followed. Duane Dauner was the CEO, not Jim Barber - Duane is great - though, very political. Every decision here is political. Everything is tailored to the members and employees mean nothing. They will be around forever because of it's politics so they have a great business outlook. Easy to get away with doing nothing for several days at a time because management never looked at us. Some days I didn't even show up. Nobody notices anything - good or bad.

Cons

Sr. Management has no regards to the little fish. You don't even exist.
    No IT budges so you don't get what you think is common equipment to just do your job.

Advice to Management

Carry on.