California People Search - Overall Negative Experience | Glassdoor

"Overall Negative Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at California People Search full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, other than that there are no pros to this company.

Cons

This company offers LACK OF:
Leadership, accountability, collaboration with colleagues, upward mobility, training and development, and a creative thriving environment and culture. It is a small company with a lack of leadership, which creates tension between employees. I would advise one to go look at another agency where you can get the training, commission structure, compensation, and leadership that will motivate you to succeed and teach you the right skills to grow within the staffing and recruiting industry.
Future employees BEWARE!

Advice to Management

No company can succeed without a great leader. Lying to employees and saying terrible things behind their backs to other employees does not benefit anyone.

Other Employee Reviews for California People Search

1. "Great Boss and mentor"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Mateo, CA

I worked at California People Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with Becki the President for over 4 years, she was tremendous, tough, and good at what she did. No doubt, I see a lot of negative ratings, but truly Becki is very generous if you do the work and are consistent, she is a bulldog and expects her employees to be, I made a ton of money with her, and I was a high biller in her firm, no doubt she can be tough, firm and hard, but that is what good bosses do, and she motivated me at least in the right way. I was very fortunate to have some great years with her, and the experience and exposure I gained in the firm were a big part of my success today. Thank you, California People Search. The flexibility is also great, and she pays a good base salary where many agencies don't and go for the higher commission, and terrible base structure. You can be really successful but you must be a self-starter. Lazy people or folks that feel entitled will get nowhere in this environment. Agency is hard! but rewards well.

Cons

You don't have much guidance, or supervision, kind of sink or swim, you have to be a go getter and be a aggressive sales person, otherwise you will just not do well.

2. "Terrible management"

Pros

Somewhat flexible. I honestly can't say anything positive about this place.

Cons

Becky (owner) pitted the employees against one another and created a very hostile environment. Not a nice place to work and would not recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Take some managerial and ethics courses.