California Singles - Shaddy company | Glassdoor
  1. "Shaddy company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at California Singles full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was good if you were able to meet your goals. The hours were flexible and the training was Fantastic. My colleagues really Made the difference

Cons

I wasn't given any warning that they were closing my office until the day of. My office was closed because the telemarketing department couldn't schedule the appointments

California Singles2016-08-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A place where my enthusiasm, work ethic, and talents are appreciated!"

I have been working at California Singles full-time

Pros

I love the team environment and the ability to run your own office. There really isn't any micromanaging and you have the freedom to be creative and build strong relationships with your clients. Compensation for our efforts in regards to commission is generous and new ideas are welcomed by management. We have gone through some major changes in the last year and things are definitely looking up.

Cons

no real room for advancement or growth. A great "for right now" job. No benefits or retirement.

Advice to Management

There is a very noticeable difference between the people who work hard and are successful as matchmakers with happy and successful clients and those who are not successful due to things like laziness, horrible work ethic, or blatant disregard for their client's feelings and success. I feel that reviews should be often and based on productivity, not seniority. I know I am worth more to the company than I am paid... but I stay because I believe in the management and I feel what I do for people is rewarding. It is very frustrating to be paid less than people you out perform on a daily basis.

California Singles2015-05-08
  2. "A good JOB on your way to a CAREER"

Current Employee - Matchmaker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, fun atmosphere, some scheduling flexibility, management appears to care about employee happiness, I really feel that the company WANTS to keep their employees, but is not taking the right steps to retain talent. They do offer decent commission based on renewals, but that is not always an available opportunity.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, developed ideas sit on the shelf, disconnect between corporate management and direct management, clients are sold a dream that is not reality and we often are the ones they take that out on. We are expected to deescalate people for reasons out of our control. Feels like a "glorified call center"

Advice to Management

Offer growth opportunities. Without that, this will always be a JOB and never a CAREER. Pay needs to be better than $12 hour. Restructured workloads would allow matchmakers to develop relationships with their clients and do better work. If you're going to pay your employees a low salary, at least offer some kind of medical insurance/benefits package to offset the low pay. Maybe give more PTO.

California Singles2015-10-13

Discover more reviews about California Singles.