California's Great America - food warehouse | Glassdoor

"food warehouse"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at California's Great America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a good learning experience. I was able to learn how to operate a forklift and learn warehouse functions.

Cons

the starting pay was stupid at $8.50. The work would get hard at times but when its slow it was pretty chill. had to build pallets and do a lot of random tasks.

Advice to Management

management was okay

Other Employee Reviews for California's Great America

1. "makeing a job difficult"

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate
    Current Employee - Merchandise Associate

Pros

reasonable pay and flexible hours

Cons

If you are a cashier you can't do refunds or give out change because only management have the code. So, that leaves a long line and pissed off customer because you have to wait for a manager to open the register for you. Its also hard to get a hold of the manager especially if you work in area with no phone or radio. Managers are also very far from locations you work.

Advice to Management

If associates were trusted more than the job would be easier to do and less of a headache. Managers wouldn't have to called everytime someone wants change, refund, complain, etc. Customers would be happier as well.

2. "Foods Department"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in San Jose, CA

I worked at California's Great America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

During my time at Great America I got to create everlasting friendships with all sorts of people. I was lucky to always have an amazing team to work with in foods.

Cons

The company itself did very little for us as employees. Instead of adding more benefits to create a happier more pro-active employee setting; they slowly took things away (I.e. Amount of free tickets per season, how much employee discounts were, etc). Evidently, every management employee that actually worked out on field in the foods department left one by one (including the director).

Advice to Management

Make the work setting more enjoyable. Happy employees = higher productivity. I stayed as long as I stayed because of my coworkers.