Callahan & Associates - Think twice before joining this group. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Callahan & Associates

"Think twice before joining this group."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

It's hard to come up with one. This is a small company with great potential to impact the credit union industry, but it suffers from high turn over of young staff and lack of a corporate vision.

Because a majority of the staff is young however it is a decent place for young people in DC to meet other young employees before they head off to other opportunities after leaving the company.

Cons

Very high turn over among staff particularly young corporate executives.
Family Management
Little opportunity for career advancement.
Consistent Crisis Management environment.

Advice to Management

Remove the heavy influence of family members from the management team.

Other Employee Reviews for Callahan & Associates

1. "SQL Server DBA"

I have been working at Callahan & Associates full-time

Pros

It is very nice environment and Co-workers to work with. I have learnt a lot beyond my position. I have got opportunity to learn cloud environment, Salesforce, Cloud version of Peer app and SQL development and so on. I work so closely to developers which helps me to understand all of layers of our apps development wise or management wise.

Cons

I don't have any opportunity to achieve any security clearance because the position didn't requires any security clearance. And this very small company to grow my expertise on Database Administrator.

"Good company with room for improvement"

Pros

Callahan & Associates is a small company so there is great opportunity to get involved in areas of interest. Work/life balance opportunities are available to some and employees are provided with access to top industry tools and software. Professional development is encouraged.

Cons

This company is unsure of its overall direction. Strategies and objectives are constantly changing leaving employees confused and frustrated. Reorganizations happen often and in my opinion lends to the high turn over experienced at Callahan.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the retention of your employees. Perhaps adding fresh perspective to the leadership team could be helpful.