Callaway Golf - If it weren't for my peers, I would have been gone long ago ... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf

"If it weren't for my peers, I would have been gone long ago ..."

Current Employee - Corporate IT in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Corporate IT in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People you work around , perks

Cons

dated offices, poor middle management, lack of vision, old technologies, LACK OF MONEY FOR ANYTHING NEW - The answer is always, "We don't have the money for that" - even tech support for enterprise software, very FRAGILE and OLD tech environments, peers are AFRAID to say anything in fear of retribution by managers. If there is a tech issue, you are expected to respond even on your days off because there is no back-up for your position and if you think you are calling tech support FORGET IT because they don't buy maintenance.

Advice to Management

ADVICE? They don't need advice because they either know everything or will refute what you offer. They say they have an "Open Door" policy but don't want to ever be told of issues - they are in DENIAL. Get real or lose what little talent you have left.

Other Employee Reviews for Callaway Golf

1. "Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Callaway provides an opportunity for employees to develop their own vision, implement it, and see it through. The management team has fostered a culture that is centered on passion and hard work-- and that's very rewarding.

Cons

The cons are perhaps working within an industry that is high growth that can lead to strong YOY growth, etc. However it is within an industry that I'm passionate about and the culture and attitude reflects that.

Advice to Management

Continue to find talent that is passionate about golf but has the ability to manage, inspire, and move organizations forward.

"Great company, tough times as of 2010"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1 - Great team to work with, a lot of support and very open to answer just about any question.
    2 - IT open door policy.
    3 - You are challenged by doing projects (if you get them).
    4 - Very flexible work environment.

Cons

1 - Very little or no opportunities for advancement.
    2 - Very little or no raises since 2008. But it has been tough times for the company.
    3 - There have been layoffs and management has tried to saved the managers (that did nothing) and throw some of the employees under the bus.
    4 - Management gets benefits (iphones/ipads) even though the company is loosing money.

Advice to Management

1 - Do not buy stuff we do not really need. I know that Apple products are cool, but nothing says I do not care like spending a lot of money for such products while we are loosing money. If you want to promote change, show that you are diligent with your expenses.