CallidusCloud - No Longer A 'Real' Silicon Valley software company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CallidusCloud

"No Longer A 'Real' Silicon Valley software company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Callidus since the mid 2000s. I had a better than average salary, but not sure about my colleagues. I believe their pay was lower. The company is small, which provides a lot of opportunities to learn technical things. Like most small companies, it is a swim or sink mentally which is challenging but rewarding if you have talent and work hard you can learn a lot.

Cons

Overall, the company has changed a lot within the past 5-6 years. The company was a leader in its space years ago, but now focus is on client SaaS conversion. Management turn over had been high, especially in 2012/2013. Most of the rank and file who grew with the company has been replaced by off-shore teams. The company is focus on quick sales and SaaS conversions rather than improving a product.

Advice to Management

Stop buying random companies that add little value to the core product line. Six figures!!

CallidusCloud Response

Aug 19, 2014 – Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased to see that you highlighted the opportunity to learn while here at CallidusCloud. We are always looking at ways to invest in our staff, grow their skills ... More

Other Employee Reviews for CallidusCloud

"Growth, Growth, Growth"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has products that sell and that customers want and need. The business model is very competitive in the market. No limit to the opportunities here. Big enough to have solid products and market presence, small enough to be able to get things done quickly.

Cons

None, unless you think having lots of opportunities to work is a problem!

Advice to Management

Keep rockin'!

"Rocketship Company Ready To Take Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As soon as I walked in the door on my first day I knew this was a rocketship type company that was ready to take off. Everyone here is hungry and willing to take the necessary steps to help further the companies growth. The company is aggressive in bringing in top talent and does all it can to retain that talent and it shows in the other reviews and the low churn.

With all that said, what I really love about working for this company is that they leave the politics at the door and remain agile enough to make the necessary decision to give me the resources & support I need to ensure future. The company is growing quick and I can't be more excited with what this company has planned ahead!

Cons

I really wish they had a gym reimbursement plan, but I guess I can live without it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Hire top talent and let them enjoy the ride. If you keep things politics free and agile the growth opportunity will be limitless.