Callos Companies - Very satisfying | Glassdoor

"Very satisfying"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

the work ethic of the entire organization is strong. Customer service is the key ingredient to making the work day pleasurable. The interaction between the department, the service staff and client customers is fulfilling.

Cons

Close environment everyone is very interconnected

Other Employee Reviews for Callos Companies

"Good Company to work for."

I have been working at Callos Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Work-Life Balance. Upper management provides mentorship, diverse exposure to different industries.

Cons

Pay could be better for the type of work. Challenging industry to work in and clients at times are demanding and inflexible.

2. "Do not work here unless you are looking for Entry Level or desperate"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator

I worked at Callos Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working here is that the offices are usually one-man offices, so you are left alone (which could be a bad thing if you like to socialize and be around people all day, everyday, but I enjoyed running my own office - It's good experience to put on a resume). You get an office to yourself; therefore, you can basically come up with your own processes and ways of doing things. Also, there is a good work/life balance. You work a standard 40 hours a week with no overtime. This is pretty nice considering most staffing agencies expect internal employees to work late hours. I will say I am thankful for my Entry-Level stardom here, but once I gained experience, I was out the door. Benefits were OK, but not fantastic. During the interview, the VP will try to sell you about how great the benefits are, but they really aren't.

Cons

While working at Callos, I had 3 Managers in 4 years - 2 out of the 3 Managers who were not at all qualified to manage by the way... We went through countless Sales Reps because everyone would RUN once they figured out how dysfunctional this region is (There is absolutely NO structure in the Central Region). I believe we went a full year without a Sales Rep., so no new jobs or business were coming in. We had about 3-5 clients altogether in my office. Some days I would sit in the office for 8 hours and not receive one phone call from a client or employee. I would raise concerns to Management about the slowness of the office and nothing was ever done about it. Basically, I was being paid to babysit an office. I will be honest, when I first started working here, several years ago, I actually enjoyed myself. We had a great team put into place within the Central Region, then people just started dropping like flies for various reasons, until I was the only one left. Once the new Manager came in, all he did was sit at his desk, eat full boxes to himself of Little Debbie snack cakes, yell at us for doing our jobs, and try to sell us Advocare. Some days he wouldn't show up to the office until 1 in the afternoon and would leave early all of the time... We would all get written up for petty things. It was an absolute nightmare working with this guy, until he quit (Best day of my life while working here). This is who they had running a region for almost 2 years.... Of course the VP loved him, but little did she know (I'll get more into her below). This company is extremely cheap. They won't pay for any type of advertisements or fun ways to get applicants through the door. Some weeks I would get 1 person to come in to the office and apply. Since there was no marketing being paid for, no one would come in... and Callos was in no way, shape, or form eager to listen to creative thinking. All of our ideas would get shut down.... Not like there were any team meetings or anything either because upper Management was not interested in hearing what we had to say (In 4 years, I could count on 1 hand how many team meetings we had). It's pathetic that you have NO idea how much money comes in, what goals are put into place, what new clients are in the works, etc. at a small company. There is little to no communication. Most importantly, there is absolutely no room for growth. You basically stay a Staffing Coordinator for life. So, if you are looking for growth potential, this is definitely not the company for you. Usually the turnover is high at this company for that exact reason.... and pay is extremely low. They start you off at $14 or $15 to run an office as a Coordinator. They try to get you with "bonuses" that are chump change. $200 every quarter? Woopdy-doo. And they wonder why people are leaving. Your smart employees are not going to stay once they wake up. You need to have more structure, pay better, offer more support, hire qualified Management, get employees more involved in on-site meetings and functions.... Make people feel wanted and encouraged!! Get them excited about working for Callos. It’s a rather dreary atmosphere – The payroll and Risk departments are SO RUDE!!!!! They blame everything on the Coordinators. No one likes to work together! I have heard that the Pittsburgh, Maryland, and some other regions are good to work for... I think it's just the Youngstown/North East Ohio region that needs a hefty makeover... It's sad because nothing is being done about the turnover either. You are disposable, basically, in their eyes.

Advice to Management

Hire Managers/Corporate Staff who are qualified - Who have excellent customer service and actually know how to handle situations and run a region. I can't tell you how many times things would happen and these Managers would brush things under the rug... Such as external/temporary employees failing drug tests and Management still allowing them to work anyway, clients complaining about various issues and Management not calling them back, etc. I can go on and on about how unethical this company is. Don't even get me started on the Corporate ladder. I could write a 26 page book on them. In short, you never, EVER hear from upper Management. When I put in my notice, I didn't hear a peep or anything out of Upper Management, and I worked at this company for 4 years in good standing - Barely calling off sick, traveling throughout the region whenever needed, training countless new hires and interns (By the way, I was never personally asked to train - A new hire or intern would randomly show up on their first day of work, and I was automatically expected to train without anything put into place by Management, or being given a head's up). Little do they know how many clients I saved for them and how much I did behind the scenes, acting as an underpaid Branch Manager since the real Management was constantly MIA. They hire the LAZIEST people known to man-kind to run their offices and at Corporate.