Cambria Solutions - A glimpse into the public procurement industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cambria Solutions

"A glimpse into the public procurement industry"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Cambria Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chance to work on some interesting public government projects in the transportation and health and human services industries.

Cons

Though there is a "non-hierarchical" style of managing and many areas remain the responsibility of the employee when it comes to offering input and ideas the power structure is opaque and top down. This makes for an unpleasant stifling experience. There was also a lack of training and a reluctance to offer constructive information to new employees.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to improve the lines of communication between employees and work to incorporate the creative contributions of temporary or at will employees. Treat all employees regardless of employment status like they are valued members and you will have better productivity returns.

Other Employee Reviews for Cambria Solutions

1. "Great place for smart, hard-working, service-oriented folks"

I have been working at Cambria Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In no particular order:
    - The company truly cares about their employees and the communities they live in.
    -The projects the company takes on are all ultimately for a good cause.
    -There are great opportunities to advance within the company AND you will receive help internally to do just that.
    - The people you work with are smart, hard-working, and service oriented. HR has done a good job selecting good people - I hope this continues.
    -Hours are flexible so long as you get your work done and do it well.
    -Management solicits input from employees frequently and often incorporates them.

Cons

In no particular order:
    - You will receive very limited support (no financial support to my knowledge) for external professional development, especially membership within professional organizations.
    - Staff members are often overworked, perhaps due to a lack of resources as the company grows &/or due to the company wanting to save money -- both are speculation on my part.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring good people. Support employees involvement in professional organizations (both financial and via compensated work hours). Reduce the amount of overtime employees are expected to put in. Develop a more robust proposal writing team. Continue to be open to suggestions from employees. Continue to help junior team members develop new skills.

2. "Cambria Solutions is an excellent place to work and first class organization!"

Current Employee - PMO Analyst in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - PMO Analyst in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Cambria Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits!
    Management is very knowledgeable and they assign you a coach and mentor when you onboard that assist you with the onboarding, culture and employee development.
    Work life balance.. very flexible with hours and shifts. Cambria accommodates my busy home life schedule while allowing me to still work my 40+ hours a week. I really appreciate them being flexible.
    The entire team is very friendly and welcoming! You will not find a better place to work that can provide the overall package that Cambria provides.

Cons

I have not found any

Advice to Management

Continue to do things the way you have them setup now. Develop your employees and continue to promote from within. That motivates employees to achieve their career goals and also I love the way this company pursues new business opportunities, for me that means job security and stability!