Cambridge Associates, LLC - Effort Driven Company - Great Opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

"Effort Driven Company - Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

+ Amazing room to grow if you're interested --> we house some of the most interesting (and confidential) information in the industry. We have access to EVERYTHING.
+ Wonderful department culture --> employees in my department have a fantastic outlook, are very team oriented, and senior management does an incredible job.
+ Room to grow if you put in the work --> I was promoted in less than a year because I take on extra work and am always willing to go the extra mile. Effort is truly rewarded.
+ Great benefits --> 4 weeks off after 1 year with the company
+ Non-exempt position --> starting January 1st, 2012, as a Junior RA or Research Associate, you earn time and a half for all overtime.

Cons

There is some monotonous work involved in these positions, but it lessens as you get further in to your role. Also, long(er) hours are no stranger to me, but it's not excessive.

Advice to Management

In my department, we have some fantastic senior managers that we work with. My only advice is to make sure that we can take on everything that we commit to, because we take on an extraordinary amount of work and sometimes it leads to pretty crazy hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

"Interesting, Broadening, but can be limited career progression"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Nice people, senior management makes the effort to get know you, Interesting topics and great depth in knowledge within the firm, good work life balance if you are in the right team

Cons

takes a long time to be promoted, not a lot of certainty about career path, as with many junior positions the work can get repetitive after a while

2. "Great Culture, C-Level Mgmt Rocks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Culture
    Thought Leaders in Industry
    Benefits, Flexible hours
    Challenging Projects
    You see it, you get to fix it
    Great place for self starters
    People

Cons

Communications to middle management needs to improve, not enough networking events or opportunities so these future leaders can forge realationships

Getting Bigger, losing intimacy/closeness that is part of firm culture

Continuing Ed benefits could be better

Needs to be more innovative with regard to how research and investment reports are given to clients