Cambridge Associates, LLC - Consulting associate role is a great experience, but can dominate your life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

"Consulting associate role is a great experience, but can dominate your life."

Former Employee - Consulting Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

The associate group is a young and very collegiate (you can get help when you are overworked). It is a great experience for recent grads.

Cons

The pay is a little depressing when you are there until 3 or 4 in the morning every day for a month. There is almost no possibility for career advancement for associates. It's three years and out.

Advice to Management

Associate morale gets pretty low and the perception is that management does not care. It is a client-focused firm so client requests must be honored, but management should do more to bolster morale.

Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

"I would not recommend taking a position at Cambridge Associates."

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

It is a young fun work environment. It was my first job out of college and it provided a solid understanding of different investment types.

Since leaving the Company it is my understanding that they had outside consultants come in and subsequently made positive changes in the way they run the performance reporting department.

Cons

Overall I found it to be an extremely unprofessional work environment. They had extremely high turnover. The people who were your superiors were often only a few years older and their assessments were often biased based on personal relationships. I don't think Analyst take enough pride in their work.

Advice to Management

I can only speak to the way the Performance Reporting department was run, and in my opinion, when I was an employee, it was a disaster. Work was not distributed evenly among Associates and I worked many late nights and weekends without being compensated for my additional hours.

"Good place to start a career in the investment industry"

Former Employee - Consulting Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

Great big picture introduction to asset management. You learn about asset allocation, manager selection, risk management.

Chance to work with some great colleagues. Many supervisors are supportive, friendly, and genuinely interested in your career development. Less office politics than other investment firms.

If you do a good job, management will try to assign you to projects related to your career interests.

You can get into a Top 10 MBA program.

Cons

Pay is relatively low. You are expected to work long hours compared to how much you are paid.

While the work is challenging at first, it becomes repetitive after a year or so.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job of growing the company. Since it was founded, Cambridge has become the worldwide leader in investment consulting. Leadership should be proud of the job they've done.