Cambridge Associates, LLC - Good first job, but that's about it - not a learning environment and not much room for professional development. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

"Good first job, but that's about it - not a learning environment and not much room for professional development."

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

It pays well, it's a decent introduction to the world of finance, lots of young people, and the benefits are nice.

Cons

The work lacks substance. As an associate, I would spend all my time hunting down performance numbers and checking work to make sure there were no obvious errors. If you had asked me on any day how the market was doing or what investment strategy seemed to be working, I would have had no clue.

Advice to Management

I didn't find much wrong with the leadership. The truth is that it is a job that needs to be done and the nature of that work did not suit me very well as an aspiring college grad looking to utilize my critical thinking/analytical abilities.

Other Employee Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

"It has been comprised of long hours, very low pay, high demands, and little respect."

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

If you want to go straight from undergrad to business school they have a great connection with top universities. Harvard, Yale, Wharton, etc consistently recruit from Cambridge.

Cons

Dont ever EVER work in the Dallas office.

Advice to Management

none

"Great first job at a prestigious, well-known firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Ability to work with sophisticated investors, plenty of resources for professional development during down time, extremely intelligent colleagues all over the globe

Cons

Must wait for someone to leave before someone else can be promoted, work can be routine at times, limited management opportunities in some groups

Advice to Management

keep employees in the loop, continue to provide professional development activities,