Camden Property Trust - Interesting job, not impressed with upper managment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Camden Property Trust

"Interesting job, not impressed with upper managment"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-Job was never boring and there was something different everyday
-Decent benefits
-Company encourages employees to have fun and have a 'family' atmosphere on the properties
-Great mentoring program
-Ability to make commissions and bonuses

Cons

-Upper management does not listen or does not appear to listen to anyone on the properties except the property manager.
-Upper management does not stand by their employees or enforce their own rules when it comes to the leases or the eviction process. It makes it difficult to manage a property when residents are allowed to violate their lease because upper management did not back the property staff and took the path of least resistence. This makes the property staff into the 'bad guys' and harms relations with the residents.
-Work can be very stressful
-Have to be able/willing to many changes

Advice to Management

Listen to the rest of the employees at your properties and not just the property managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Camden Property Trust

"Overall a good feeling about the place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I felt a positive energy from employees. Company recognizes and retains its good employees and cuts loose the deadweight.

Cons

Senior management sometimes blind to the whole picture and listen to butt kissers instead of investigating the situation first.

2. "It's all about the people and the feeling of belonging."

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL

Pros

I worked for a company for 25 years and thought it was the best place to work on this planet, until I met Camden Property Trust. Camden truly has the greatest people and the leadership has the people's interest both internally and externally on the top of the chart. They treat everyone with respect, honesty and TRUST. I came to work here because of the people, not because of the salary or the location, it was all about how they made me feel from the first connection. They are a huge company, but you would never know it by the humblness they project to the outside world. Employees are allowed to be creative, empowered, held accountable for their actions, there is so much potential for greatness for all employees to feel a sense of accomplishment every single day. I am so proud to tell people I work here, as long as I am working, I hope I will spend my next 25 years working at Camden Property Trust!

Cons

I can not think of one!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the the good work, you are creating Greatness among your people and I am so proud to be a part of this wave. Thank you!