Camp Bow Wow - If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life- and I've never dreaded going to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Camp Bow Wow

"If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life- and I've never dreaded going to work."

Current Employee - Camp Counselor
Current Employee - Camp Counselor

I have been working at Camp Bow Wow part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The work is very rewarding
- The 'campers' become like a second family
- Allowed to bring your own dog(s) to work
- Duties vary daily, no monotony or staleness
- The owner and the staff really care about the dogs and the company
- 401K plan offered

Cons

- Can be physically demanding, on your feet entire time
- Direct Deposit not offered
- No clear assignment of duties or authority
- No consistent or uniform training

Advice to Management

Because job duties are not assigned it causes frustration, tension, and arguments between co-workers, Some are getting stuck in yards too long or too often, while some monopolize certain tasks so no one else gets to do them. Each employee should be assigned specific duties or tasks during their shift. This would leave no room for argument and cause less frustration.
      There should also be a uniform system and schedule for training. If everyone is trained the same way, it will eliminate any arguments on how something should be done.
      Lastly, the employees see issues and problems daily that could be improved and asking for their feedback should be done regularly. Also, making sure that all of the company policies and employee procedures are being followed and done correctly.

Other Employee Reviews for Camp Bow Wow

"Enjoyable, fun, stress free enviornment. Best place I've ever worked."

Pros

You get to hang out with dogs all day. you always feel needed and appriciated. its fun and stress free, with employers who really do care about you.

Cons

When it's slow, you may not get any hours for a week or two. there is a lot of cleaning that needs to be done on a daily basis. some people don't like to clean up dog messes but thats just part of the job.

Advice to Management

I always feel valued and appriciated. I feel like the managers generally care about me and are interested in my personal life along with my professional life. they are good about letting you know when you've been doing a good job.

2. "Standard dog boarding facility"

Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Boulder, CO

I worked at Camp Bow Wow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organized, they have many locations so they keep things well managed
    Your dog will most likely have a good time at CBW
    The layout of the facility is nice

Cons

Overall attitude of employees/employers
    Their turn over rate is extremely high, constantly moving people in and out of positions along with hiring and firing

Advice to Management

Be nice and smile more :) jobs are stressful but being a leader in an industry sets the bar for the rest of the employees