Campbell Soup Company - Can't complain. Solid company, good pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup Company

"Can't complain. Solid company, good pay."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Pros

competitive salary, friendly colleagues, easy commute from Philadelphia (against traffic!), forward thinking company, stable company, flexible, reasonable. Also, my department was very trustworthy. They allow you to work from home when you want/need to. As long as your work gets completed, they're not concerned about where you work. That's very important to me.

Cons

Some senior executives, while nice, are very behind the times.

Working in Camden isn't exactly idea, but the company has done the best it can with a bad situation. The city is really lousy, but Campbells has really made the work environment as nice as they can to help make you forget that it's a bit lousy beyond the borders of the office campus.

But still, I'd rather work in Philly where colleagues go out for a drink after work and socialize. That's a big benefit of working in an office that I missed while I worked there.

Advice to Management

More attention could be paid to employee moral levels. I know this wasn't the norm, but for a while I was miserable because I worked with someone who was a complete idiot. I mean, mind blowing stupid. But the company invested too much money to get them to the company to acknowledge they messed up, so the moral for the rest of the department dropped dramatically. There was very little I could do about it though. Anonymous peer reviews would have been wonderful.

Also, the reviews that are meant for employees to rate their managers is a bit silly. It's a god idea, but especially for small departments it doesn't work well. I know of a past manager (who has since left the company) who pressured their employees to give them top marks on those reviews.

Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Soup Company

"Campbell's Technologist"

Current Employee - Technologist in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Technologist in Camden, NJ

Pros

Great work/life balance. Newly created building looks great. Great location close to Philly. Team environment creates atmosphere for cross-functional sharing.

Cons

A lot of meetings create a lot of grind. Decisions are made through consensus, not single authority. People don't stay in roles more than 2 -3 years.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more risk-taking from management. Need to be leaders in markets, instead of fast-followers.

"Campbells not so mmmmm good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Pros

Pay rate, unionized, vacation time

Cons

No respect, hours, 7 days a week, no family time, unreasonable disaplin

Advice to Management

Quit treating employees like childern and prisoners