Camping World - Human Resources | Glassdoor

"Human Resources"

I have been working at Camping World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not your typical HR, we are part of a big family; and we are treated as such. We give back to our community by volunteering at least 4 days a year. It’s very high volume and there is a ton of travel, but we all pitch in and we make the best of it

Cons

There isn’t really anything to complain about.

Other Employee Reviews for Camping World

1. "I enjoyed my work with the exception of very long hours."

Current Employee - Salesman in Statesville, NC
    Current Employee - Salesman in Statesville, NC

I have been working at Camping World full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent company to work for,

Cons

seasonal work, long hours to work

"Great company to work for!!! Upper management needs to embrace this philosophy!"

Former Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Camping World full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great customers, great retirement benefits, plenty of time off, perfect company for advancement as they promote from within, regional management is open to any employee discussion not just upper management, great employee discounts!

Cons

Management does not see the efforts of all employees they side with the customer on every aspect even if the employee is standing up to managements "I en-power you to make your own decisions and will stand behind you if you think you're in the right." Too many family members working together. If employees are fired for violation of company policy they are welcomed back with open arms creating turmoil with current employees. No one has your back and you're always looking over your shoulder to make sure no one is putting your name in the dirt. Management not taking action in regards to sexual harassment, verbal abuse, and direct decimation of character. High turnover rate due to lack of proper hiring processes to ensure correct individual for the position.

Advice to Management

Hold employees accountable for their actions. Reward employees for hard work and praise them. Go through normal hiring processes instead of hiring friends and family as this leads to favoritism. Put more processes in place that are proven to work and see that they are followed instead of having a, "deal with it as it comes" attitude. Stop handing out gift cards to upset customers instead of standing up for what is right. The customer is not always right and if you keep this mentality the customer will have this type of reaction, "All you have to do is threaten with a corporate complaint you can get anything you want for free or they will give you a gift card to keep you quiet." If an employee is getting harassed take it serious and do not take that said employee for granted. Make more effort to strengthen teamwork in all departments.