Canada Post - Not what I expected | Glassdoor

"Not what I expected"

Current Employee - RSMC in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - RSMC in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Post (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Decent hours. 3 week vacation per year to start. Reputable company

Cons

I'm an on call relief rsmc. Their very strict yet when I was off sick for a day the supervisors did my route. They didn't deliver the add mail my station was in complete disarray there was out going mail in the sorting station. Yet, if I was to do this there would be something said to me...

Advice to Management

We too are a very important asset to the company! We're not reconized. We work just as hard and if not 25% harder and longer only cause we don't have our own route... The "other" guys get paid way more then we do! And we have pride in our work... Wish you would show some pride in us

Other Employee Reviews for Canada Post

1. "a lot of changes"

Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

work outside, manage your work day

Cons

weather wise not always easy

"Enjoyable career as a letter carrier working outdoors, meeting/talking with people on a daily basis"

Current Employee - Full Time Letter Carrier, Now Retired, 36 Years
    Current Employee - Full Time Letter Carrier, Now Retired, 36 Years

Pros

Loved being a letter carrier, on my own, working outdoors in good and bad weather. Enjoyed my customers and tried to promote CPC products only if I had "tried them personally".
    Good benefits. Good pension after 36 years. I'd stay on if it weren't for a very bad hip that's waiting for replacement....on the waiting list.

Cons

STOP hiring new supervisors "off the street"..... they are called "YES BOSS" PEOPLE" (been there, done that) due to intimidation in their interviews... promote from within the Corporation, letter carriers, postal clerks..... they have the knowledge and experience to deal with everyday postal operations as compared to hiring an ex manager from the local dollar store or Burger King who know absolutely nothing about Canada Post. "LISTEN" to employee concerns over the "New Modern Post".
    New scanners double the workload/time for personal contact items for L/c's, yet this doesn't show up on the 038's.
    Met Mary Traversy/SVP/Mail during a depot visit....she may have "heard" what I had to say but I doubt if she "listened" as to what I had said regarding CPC.

Advice to Management

Address and follow up on safety/hazard issues. Delivering mail in the dark for starters.
    Ask ALL employees, besides management and CUPW, for new and innovative ideas in moving CPC forward into a productive and lucrative future. Address "New Modern Post" concerns asap.