Candlewood Suites - Good way to get your foot in the door. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Candlewood Suites

"Good way to get your foot in the door."

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative

Pros

Get to meet new people daily, your opinion matters, LOVE supporting Give Kids The World. Very caring company. I feel its a good start to a career.

Cons

Doesnt pay very much. Sometimes people can be rude. Other than that I would recommend a job at the Candlewood Suites hotel.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so understanding and supportive. I love how close of a "family" our company is. They really treat you like family.

Other Employee Reviews for Candlewood Suites

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor in Wichita Falls, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor in Wichita Falls, TX

I have been working at Candlewood Suites full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customer Service experience, Gain knowledge of hotel industry, meet people from all walks of life

Cons

pay, no incentives, no recognition for hard work, management

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and let them know they are doing well.

2. "Housekeeping"

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Candlewood Suites full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any really!

Cons

They claim to be family oriented, THEY ARE NOT! This place is poorly run. The staffing is poor as well. They give u 15 to 20 rooms,pretty much daily.That's a lot of rooms daily, with no help! I have worked for other motels. If you are short staffed. The GM, helped strip and make beds. Not this GM! She thinks it's funny, God forbid she should move away from her computer and help with anything. I think if you are going to try to run a business, you should do every job for a week, with no help.The pay is horrible. They think you make tips. WHAT A JOKE! Even the big bosses come, and don't tip.housekeepers don't always change sheets, some employees find an empty room to sleep in (especially on weekends). Some stand out back or at the side and smoke weed. Most of the staff can't even show up on time. If they show up at all ! As long as the GM doesn't have to get out of her chair and actually do something. She just looks the other way.

Advice to Management

Learn what's it's like to work hard daily! For pennies. Don't be so condescending, and think it's funny that your housekeepers are killing themselves. Just because they need the money. Get off your ,rear and help!