Canon USA - Why Oh Why Did I Leave? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Canon USA

"Why Oh Why Did I Leave?"

Former Employee - National Accounts Representative in Chesapeake, VA
Former Employee - National Accounts Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Canon USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing. I had a baby and paid only $100 out of pocket, simply amazing.
On Site Gym. I lost about 10 pounds working out before I got pregnant.
On Site Cafeteria
Fantastic Managers and Supervisors
Very mellow workplace
Decent Pay
Excellent Expansion- They post new job openings for about a week before opening to the public because they like promoting within home and outsiders when they really need to.

I truly miss this job, my department and my old coworkers and will jump at the chance to come back as soon as they open up again. Definitely a place I can call home for a very long time. I lasted a little over 2 years but left because of a conflict in schedule after maternity leave. That was a sad day indeed. Loved the president, Mr. Joe Adachi. Loved the end of year and top of the year bonuses because that told us that he cared and wanted to keep his company together. Some may say it's a revolving door company but to be honest, the 2 years I was there we only needed a few agents to replace the few that left for personal reasons and one termination. They like to retain their employees so they like to exhaust everything possible to maintain you before giving up. I loved my supervisor, he was caring and very understanding. This is not just lies, this is my personal experience.

Cons

The only con I can come up with is the micromanagement at times in regards to cell phone usage. Now, I know you are not supposed to be using your cell on the floor or texting but to me you have to lead by example and when your manager is doing it but he's threatening a write up with you doing it then that's a problem to me. I still feel that we are all adults and know how to work and handle our own cell phones without rules but that goes for all companies insistent on harping on this rule. Nevertheless, that is the only con, which really isn't one, just more a personal opinion.

Other Employee Reviews for Canon USA

1. "Good until recent 2012 changes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Canon USA full-time

Pros

- Great Benefits
    - Employee Development
    - People, people, people
    - Stable Company
    - Location
    - Updated building and office space

Cons

- Career Growth - lack of within company
    - Parent company influence
    - No Work Life Balance Offered
    - Struggling leadership

"Very solid employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Canon USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work with smart people, many of whom have worked for the company a long time.
    - Company sells market-leading devices-- which one can only fully appreciate after having worked at a company that sells lower quality goods.
    - Collegial department.
    - Good boss; managers respects my abilities and opinion.
    - No sense of needing to look over my shoulder to be careful about new cut-throat employees. Instead my sense is you're more valued the longer you've been with the company.

Cons

- Of course you wish you'd get paid more, but comp is satisfactory.
    - Two-edged sword: Because it's a good place to work with little turnover in my department, advancement opportunities are few and take a while to open up.