Canrig Drilling Technology - Easy company to work for and grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Canrig Drilling Technology

"Easy company to work for and grow"

Current Employee - Software Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid back company. Good people. Good company to grow. People are very friendly and efficient

Cons

Slow in implimentation and slow in development. They waste a lot of time in unnecessary planning.

Advice to Management

Get employee referal program

Other Employee Reviews for Canrig Drilling Technology

"Use as a stepping stone only"

Current Employee - Rigline Support in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Rigline Support in Houston, TX

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has great potential, if it only had good leadership to guide it. We've got fantastic technology and products which could elevate the company to new heights.

Cons

well, as a relatively new employee here at Rigline, there's really nothing I can say in a review that someone has not already said.

For the most part, I agree with the other reviewers. Some of the things I agree with them about are the deplorable morale, which is caused by poor management and overburdened workers at the bottom doing the work of 2 or 3 people.

One of the other reviewers suggested asking a current employee if they would recommend this place to others and my answer would have to be a resounding "no". Unless your trying to" get your foot into the door" of the oilfield, this is the only case in which I would suggest working here.

Get your training here, stay for about 6 months so you can list the experience on a resume, then move on to a place more career oriented. Use this place as a stepping stone only.

Advice to Management

I can see that all the other reviewers here have made suggestions to management that goes unheeded, so I wont bother

"Great company with room for personal growth."

Current Employee - Software Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great coworkers, satisfying work, great company direction, and room for personal growth.
    I started as a technician in the field and now work in the corporate office testing hardware and software.

Cons

I have a great job, but sometimes it feels like I am being pulled in too many directions. We are a project management style company. May have more than one boss and you may be on more than one project. This is fine if you are a good communicator as long as you tell the project managers you are over allocated they will do their best to use other resources.

Advice to Management

Get requirements finalized before you build the product stop adding requirements as you go.