Canrig Drilling Technology - Not bad; but definitely could be better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Canrig Drilling Technology

"Not bad; but definitely could be better"

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Some managers are really willing to mentor more junior employees
2. Safety Program
3. Ability to advance career through responsibility growth

Cons

1. Communication between departments and divisions
2. Lack of certainty in Company growth Plan
3. Benefits are very basic and out-dated

Advice to Management

Follow through with plans. Takes a long time for new programs to be put in place. Lots of red tape and needless approvals.

Other Employee Reviews for Canrig Drilling Technology

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!"

I have been working at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time

Pros

I cant think of any

Cons

I am currently working in the Engineering department where I am treated like a number. People are hired and fired so much its similar to a revolving door. They treat lower level employees like disposable trash. My supervisor belittles me every day so he can keep me at the lowest pay level possible even though I am doing entirely more work than I was hired on to do. When I ask for direction or guidance from upper level management on the project I am given that is not even what I am supposed to be doing, no one will help. They are all so cynical they just tell you to do something and then you have to use trial and error methods until you get a final result. By using these trial and error methods, each time you hand in your work and something is wrong, you will get written up. No one is willing to put the extra effort anymore because nothing comes of it. For my first year here, I came in at least 30 minutes early every day and when my annual review came up, my manager told me I needed to show more effort with my hours. I come to work each day miserable. I wish I could explain to HR that they are treating us so wrong but I know from other employees who try to reach out, that nothing gets done. I am trying to get out of here as soon as I can. It’s a TOXIC environment

Advice to Management

not worth any advice

"Not good....not good at all"

Former Employee - Rigline Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Rigline Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company once had clear direction, focus, and drive. It was once an innovator in the technology aspect

Cons

Just to start off and let you know how bad things got here, I voluntarily left the company (Rig line department) to go back to work at a popular auto-parts sales chain. Sure, I make 30K less a year, but the stresses I had to deal with were not worth the extra pay, and now that I'm back to 8 hours a day workweek, I feel free again like I got my life back. This place was giving me health related issues due to the extreme stress and mental duress it places you under, and 12 to 15 hour workdays are commonplace. Furthermore, this place is being run so poorly, it is negatively effecting the stock price of its parent company. The books are in the red and the place is hemmoraging money on overpaid upper management and even middle management who contribute nothing to the company except work flow charts, spreadsheets, customer satisfaction surveys and "cooked" NPS metrics. Basically the same organizational structure as wall street after the bailouts. The top brass with the do-nothing jobs are all posting record bonuses, while the common worker-drone suffers at the expense of his health, sanity, and lack of time with his family. Good riddance, don't miss it, and have not looked back ever since.

Advice to Management

Replace the entire lot of upper brass. They brought this suffering upon a once great company, and about 3/4's of the middle managers are just as bad.