Capco - close to a resume killer, especially for junior-level employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capco

"close to a resume killer, especially for junior-level employees"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Pros:

Free gatorade, waters, sodas in the office.

some resource managers / senior leaders actually care.

Cons

Cons:

Overall: The Firm is turning into a poor quality IT outsourcing firm. It is NOT a management consultancy, and it can barely compete with Big 4 advisory (think EY FSO).

The new "digital" division is just another facade to cover for tech pmo roles.

Projects: Extremely poor to so-so projects. Most 'projects' are actually outsourcing / staff aug projects (think you're filling in for a low profile role the client doesn't actually want to hire/pay for).

The "Change Sourcing" projects are outsourcing engagements. A large number of consultants are actually just doing testing/PMO for groups at banks now.
The more interesting projects cap off at designing and implementing PMO.

If you are looking for financial services projects, please look elsewhere.

Leadership: Poor to average at best. Most don't really care about their employees' development. Most are just excited about their big payout when FIS fully buys out Capco in the next few years.

Benefits: Great vacation allowance - however many days are "forced" vacation days. If you're not billing, be expected to take a few days off.

Pay: On the lower end of consultancies. Bonuses are almost non-existent, even with a "record-year".

Advice to Management

Come clean about your strategy and the future of the business.

Other Employee Reviews for Capco

"Great place to work!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Capco as an intern

Pros

I was thrown right in as an intern and learn a lot about the internal applications of the company, my managers were super supportive and I really enjoyed my time there!

Cons

I worked with people that were much older than me and didn't have much experience working with people of my own age

"Managing Principal's perspective"

Pros

- Scrappy, entrepreneurial consulting firm
    - Smart, likeable people
    - Deep expertise in capital markets and banking industries
    - Leadership team is accessible
    - If you want to fix something, you're empowered to do it.

Cons

- Like most consulting firms, it keeps trying to find revenue sources other than consulting, because that's how you gain a predictable revenue stream
    - Doesn't have the infrastructure of a big consulting firm (which is also a plus)
    - Low brand recognition

Advice to Management

- Listen to Gen-X and Gen-Y about how staff expectations are changing. You don't have to agree with or implement everything they're asking for, but you should know where they're coming from.
    - Remind recruits over and over that there is up to 100% travel involved in this business.