Cape Fear Valley Medical Center - Horrible work environment!! | Glassdoor
  1. "Horrible work environment!!"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant

I have been working at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling Career advancement opportunities: but are required to work here and they only teach it the cape fear way for NA 2 class..meaning, some things taught are outside of the scope of practice according to NC guidelines.

Cons

12+ hour shifts with required 3 day work week for full time employees or they TAKE PTO to cover the missed hours. Employee safety: I work nights and we are required to park in dim lit, gravel parking spaces or risk getting. Boot on your car from security. Patient ratio: when I first started I was told the ratio was 9:1 for nursing assistants (on my floor) but recently we are given 19 patients due to lay offs, and CNAs leaving left and right. Pay: after three years and two “raises” I just got to $10/hour a few months ago. This hospital has the LOWEST pay for CNAs in the greater Fayetteville area. Home health workers make more as a starting salary. Overall: this hospital has spent 2 billion dollars to convert their EHR, building a new student academic facility and yet they are overworking and under appreciative of the few loyal staff members they have now.

Advice to Management

Get your priorities in order..that begins with a staff that feels needed, paid a competitive wage, and heard when concerns arise The only thing cape fear values besides it’s public image is upper management

Cape Fear Valley Medical Center2019-11-11
  1. "Great place to work and learn"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great co workers and flexibility for school

Cons

Sometimes management is not understanding, but this can vary spent on the person

Advice to Management

No advice to management at this time

Cape Fear Valley Medical Center2020-01-25
  2. "A great place to work. Fast paced."

Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth and promotion potential is good.

Cons

What can I say..... It's a hospital. Germs, germs and more germs but we go to great lengths to prevent the spread of germs.

Cape Fear Valley Medical Center2019-12-23

Discover more reviews about Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.