Capgemini - Needs bit more vision & Leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

"Needs bit more vision & Leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company definitely has ethics and doesn't bend backwords for getting business. Unlike some other consulting firm they don't wine & dine their clients just to get business. Wiil not take on projects that they believe they can deliver on time & budget. Great benefits (PTO, Health Ins, 401(k) (Regular matching as well as profit sharing into 401(k) account). Infact one of the best I have seen in the industry.
Co-workers and VPs (ex E&Y partners) are great and always willing to guide you along.

Cons

E&Y Consulting was sold to Cap Gemini in 2000 to make a new entity, Cap Gemini E Y and then finally Capgemini US LLC. Initially the culture and environment was great as it carried forward the E&Y culture and focus. However over the years as prior E&Y partners left, the culture started changing. Focus shifted from employees to share holders and reducing expenses. There has been more focus on offshoring work and not building up the individual practices in US. Hardly any bench strenght. Focus on training has also diminished.

These were my obeservation 3yrs back before I left. I hope they have refinded their focus and vision to take it back to being a great firm it was when I joined.

Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini

1. "lateral can enjoy here not a place for freshers"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work culture is the best part here.Apart from some projects ,work life balance is good

Cons

low salaries are given to freshers.
    less opportunities for freshers to learn.

Advice to Management

should think of the empoloyees

2. "Fresher learning program"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training for testing related topics like unit testing,system testing,integration testing,performance testing was good. Seniors are very helpful.

Cons

They could have done more practical session related to tools and scripting language.They should take opinion from people before putting them into any domain.