Capgemini - Great People, Freedom to Operate. On a journey. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capgemini

"Great People, Freedom to Operate. On a journey."

Current Employee - Vice President in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Vice President in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I've worked with.
Delagated authority in general makes it fun to work in. You can just do stuff.
Flexible about work style and location. A good work/life balance is possible.

Cons

Lack of salary growth for staff.
Matrix management and organisation overlaps can be confusing especially for senior hires.

Advice to Management

Demonstrate you value our people.

Other Employee Reviews for Capgemini

"Worst company I have worked with in my 10yrs career"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Capgemini full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro is the Brand name.

Cons

- Stagnant career
    - Pathetic HR policies
    - Dumb/Biased managers
    - Minimal financial growth

Advice to Management

Work on retaining existing employees, rather than recruiting people simply by showcasing the brandname. Attrition cannot be prevented by enforcing a non negotiable 3months notice period alone!

2. "Not too bad , not good at all !"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Capgemini full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with Capgemini for 4 years now.

1. One of the major pro is that India is becoming more and more important to the group and hence I am hearing a lot of projects are now being delivered out of India.
    2. India management is given more importance now-a-days , who earlier were considered as labor suppliers.
    3. Capgemini as a group has good reputation among clients of traditional market and is well known for thought leadership.
    4. Alliance with major product vendors like SAP , Oracle , IBM , SalesForce etc. are very strong. Which has a hind side as well , that the company has become global sales representative of these product vendors only.
    5. HR policies are often employee friendly , used to be quite good earlier , but has started to implement few bad policies adopted from Indian companies.

Cons

Definitely cons are heavier than pros in Capgemini now-a-days.

1. One of the major cons , is regional bias. It is a predominantly Mumbai driven company. Hence better projects , leading to better work experience , leading to better career progression , leading to better positions in the group are only for Mumbai employees. Bangalore is probably is a cousin brother , all other centers are treated as distant relative of your friend's pet dog.

2. Continuing the first point actually - senior managers are just too much control freak. To the clients they speak about distributed delivery , but they want every project to be delivered out of Mumbai. If anyone attempts to get projects to other location , either the projects are sabotaged ( like purposefully recruitment will be delayed or vital resources will not be retained , and then they will say getting resources there and thus operating from that location is too difficult ) or if you manage to start your project somehow the managers and employees of that project immediately goes into the bad-book of the company's Sr. management..

3. Secondment policies are very confusing. Once you're loaned out from India to other region , India dis-owns you , to the region you're like an outsider.

4. Each BU - like Apps 1 ( US,UK etc..) , Apps2 ( Nordics , Benelux etc..) , Financial services , LBS etc etc etc ....work like disjoint companies. Even service lines works like disjoint companies. Employees are treated as slaves to the BU , not allowed to go anywhere unless you're totally disposable from your current BU . Collaboration is not a reality.

5. Recruitment of Senior managers - recently Capgemini India recruited a lot of managers , senior managers , directors etc. Few are good , really good. But majority of them are not even eligible to be Senior consultants. Good in lip service and licking their seniors , no knowledge of technologies , no knowledge of management , can't handle clients. I wonder what did they do in the industry before joining Capgemini .

I think I should stop now, don't want to make myself look like a bloody negative minded bloke.

Advice to Management

Take a management course , stop being a control freak , work towards organisational goal not personal agenda. Do not encourage petty politics.