Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) - No middle ground | Glassdoor

"No middle ground"

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Business model is genius.

Opportunity for promotion and leadership is made readily available to successful traders.

Insane earning potential for the level of experience required.

Your work stories will always kill at parties - no one will have crazier, funnier, more unbelievable ones.

If you have a strong intrinsic motivation to make more money than anyone else you know and to prove to yourself that you can survive an environment that most people cannot - you'll be fine here.

Cons

Long hours in the office, and you will often be answering calls and emails all night and on weekends.

Very little PTO, mediocre benefits.

Management changes direction every 1-2 months. It doesn't actually change how the company operates at the end of the day, just creates extra metrics and new things for people to complain about.

High testosterone frat house.

Always feels like you haven't done enough, like you should stay longer so you could finish more work.

Advice to Management

You need to hire seasoned professionals, an HR person, and a committed operations team.

When you give someone a title, make sure it correlates to their responsibilities and stays stable.

Recognize when people burn out, and give them a break instead of more responsibilities.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Great money making potential and a whole lot of hard work"

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I work with really smart and hardworking people. So, in a way, it can be hard to "get ahead" but when you do, it feels GREAT! CAE is also one of those places where you can make A LOT of money as long as you're smart and you work hard. They are also willing to take some hiring risks.

Cons

I'll be pretty sick in the head to say that I'm okay with working 12+ hour days and in this high pressured environment. This is the kind of place where best is not enough, hitting the target is. It's pretty brutal.

Advice to Management

It took me 2 sales jobs to realize that sales is high pressured, your boss can be micromanaging if you don't hit your number, and you got to be tough-minded. I hate the long hours and pressure too. But I must admit that they are doing the right thing - admitting mistakes, righting the wrongs quickly, holding people accountable. It will be nice if they can cut some slack from time to time.

"Worst place ever"

Former Employee - Lmg Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Lmg Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Money money money money money
    -Gym membership

Cons

-No culture
    -No respect
    -Frat-like environment
    -Contradicting
    -Use fear as a way to control you
    -No job security
    -High stress and pressure

Advice to Management

I hope you guys don't last.