Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) - Don't leave a real career for this place!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Don't leave a real career for this place!!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You next job will be better. Extensive experience learning to work with inept and abusive top management.

Cons

CEO always meeting with lawyers about filing a suit against a former employee or customer. Otherwise meeting with lawyers about a class action suit filed by former employees or customers. CEO is verbally abusive and threatens employees with their job once hired on. Makes current employees write good reviews on Glassdoor or risk punishment. Corporate values and simple common decency are out the door at this place.

Advice to Management

Get counseling

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Extreme Boot Camp But You Learn a Lot and the Compensation is Great"

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a top tier sales professional is my career objective. I joined CAE because I knew, that while it can be a pressure cooker environment, they are more than fair in compensating those who perform. Since I’m setting the bar high for my own objectives, CAE seemed like a good fit. It’s worked out for me. CAE does promote from within so it is a good place for people like me who are focused on getting ahead and always looking for the next level of compensation. Plus, at some point, if I decide to move to another sales organization, the experience will be very valuable in meeting my new objectives. The managers at CAE are tough but bright and if you work hard and pay attention, you’ll learn what it takes to be an A level salesperson, and also have a very rewarding experience.

Cons

CAE can kind of feel like boot camp at first but it’s tied to performance and if you can handle the pressure, you’ll do fine and be compensated accordingly.

Advice to Management

Continue to train salespeople so no one gets stale. Grow the organization by helping star performers to move upward in compensation and responsibility.

"How CAE changed my life"

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a unique and different career path CAE is the place for you. I started here several years ago not knowing anything about Semiconductor Equipment markets. I came from another sales job where my income was capped, and potential to move up was low. CAE changed my life by not setting limits on my sales potential and providing me with the tools I need to be successful. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that CAE has provided.

Extreme financial reward
    Opportunity to move up to senior trader quickly
    Solid foundation with an excellent track record for success
    Health benefits have been excellent
    Worlds leading semiconductor equipment marketplace
    Gym membership to state of the art facility
    Great location
    Trips & prize competitions

Cons

If you are not prepared for long work days, CAE is not a good fit.

Management at CAE strives for success. They will guide you to achieve very high performance but it does not come without pressure and hard work. This means some late nights working on deals, or answering emails during the evening hours.

CAE is a sales environment that does not stop. Downtime is limited.

Advice to Management

Results are what keep employees happy and the employees who have not cut it were not meant to be. I have learned a lot from the CAE management team, and I am always learning more as the months go by. My advice is to continue to coach new traders that come in the same way each and every time. The work ethic, attention to detail, and drive I have obtained at CAE are valuable traits I will always carry now. Thank you.